Update stuck on initializing

They just had a post in EU about sending a log into wow, but they edited the link and I am unsure of the steps.

Hopefully it gets a fix.

Something like, battle.net file > Agent file > latest agent file > latest AgentNGDP file and send that to:
Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject line: Stuck on initializing.

Hey all,

There was an issue which affected our CDN (content delivery network) used for the Battle.net app and all Blizzard games. Our teams are working on it now and we expect it to be cleared up shortly. This is likely causing the stuck on initializing for most players right now (though getting stuck at this stage may be caused by other issues outside of the current CDN problem).

As things start to clear up here soon I’d just recommend waiting a bit and restarting your PCs, then start up the Battle.net app again. It may sit on “Initializing…” for a while as it’s checking the WOW data files, so allow it to sit there and it should eventually move on to updating.

13 Likes

Thanks for the update!

will this also address those of us stuck on trying to install battle.net or download it? Neither seem to be working and uninstalling it and reinstalling it was the supposed solution.

thanks for getting this addressed

1 Like

Yes, downloading and installing the Battle.net app itself will be impacted. Unfortunately at the moment it’s just “wait a bit and try again” while the teams are working to correct the CDN issue.

2 Likes

What is a realistic time frame that we should be waiting out this “Initializing…” phase?

5 Likes

So aside from sitting at initializing, is this issue also affecting connection speed? I’ve finally starting downloading everything 84.24 GB in total, and I’m sitting at an average speed of 100 KB/s on a Gig connection. At that rate I should be able to play sometime around Christmas.

1 Like

Just decided to resub today and redownload everything. Currently sitting at 140KB/s on a gig connection. It’s great :frowning:

1 Like

I see the Blue post saying that this issue may be cause by something else an hour ago, but my battle net has been sitting on initializing for 20 minutes.

Yep. Still initializing. Havent had any problems updating before.

been waiting a while now.

*been waiting for over an hour now.

Im wainting here for four hours. And there is more posts about eternal loops

I reinstalling bnet app, it is taking forever, but is moving, very slow, THANK GOD I didnt deleted the entire game T.T

I am installing at about 75kb per h… long time, lol.

Sitting at initializing. Did the whole stop the app and kill the processes thing several times to no avail. Not uninstalling as it shouldn’t be a corruption.
Watching the processes it went from Agent and two Battle.net.exe processes to forking another five bne processes. It is trying something behind the scenes but isn’t overtly indicating success at anything other than spinning a circle.

Finally started working. Download speed is about 700 KB/s. Update is over 4GB for me. Tempted to just hit play but worried it’s gonna mess up the download. Guess I wait…

edit: spoke too soon, down to 300 KB/s already.

lol 17 kbs

After 24hrs of playing “do this, it fixes it” post, I decided to pop in a newly formatted HD, load a fresh Win11 OS and see if the issue still persist. No AV, no previous installs, no Windows update, just BNET and WoW, guess what? Yep, still exist.

It’s not us, it’s them.

5 Likes

been waiting on update for an hour.