Transfer toon to older expansion

not supposed to be able to but its very much possible. imagine a level 60 player using ilevel 380 reputation rewards from dragonflight on a shadowlands account capped at level 60.
not supposed to be able to transfer backwards and those reputation rewards should have a level 70 requirement.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re asking a question or trying to give an idea/feedback.

If it’s a question, I think we need a bit more explanation.

If it’s an idea/feedback, you need to either submit in game feedback or post on General Discussion. This is a peer to peer help desk with advice from SFAs.

2 Likes

The reality is if it were possible it would be allowed but the whole point of wow is going forward unless ur a brozne dragon thats not gona happen.

1 Like

its a bug. blizzard states clearly as part of the rules for transferring a toon between accounts on the same bnet. cant go backwards and it’s happening. it actually has been for at least 3 expansions now.

Then it needs the Bug Report Forum.

3 Likes

The last time I transferred characters to older accounts it actually let the transfers go through, BUT I was unable to access them until I upgraded the older accounts.

This was shortly before Shadowlands was made part of the base game.

It was late at night and I completely forgot about the characters all being above the cap for BFA.

linked toon who is using the DF reputation rewards of course they log out in SL gear but an admin can look at their account history and see they transferred from DF expansion to a shadowlands capped level 60 account.
link removed but admin can see.

This “Rule” has never been enforced since the game existed. Its probably not even in the ToS, just an outdated support article. Even some GMs say you can transfer freely

im well aware. in fact ive done this very thing the last 2 expansions. get new expansion gear/borrowed power then transfer back to un-upgraded version. also in shadowlands a similar method of farming covenant rep for the exalted gear was fixed adding a requirement of max level for them to be equipped. this needs the same attention.

old support article updated last week. read down to account restrictions.

5 Likes

jokes on you i haven’t pvped at 60 on this toon. the max gear anyone can get at 60 on sl account is from sl raids. 280ish which i have no problem running raids for every week. its literally impossible to get 380 ilvl pieces on a sl capped account. maybe read what the issue is before kneejerk responding?

post deleted by author that’s what i thought.

well obviously you can, and always have been able to. Maybe they need to correct that article. Pretty sure you can even transfer an evoker to an account without dragonflight, you just cant play it.

1 Like

“Updated: one week ago”

The support article clearly states their intent, and they’re not changing their mind I don’t think.

Perhaps they have a bug which fails to enforce it at this time, which is a good thing we’re talking about it in Bug Reports.

2 Likes

of course you feel it’s fine. you’re one of the bads using this method to gear 60’s then transfer to sl account. why don’t you use those toons as your avatar so we can see the leet gearz mya?

Ok, so, the problem has been in the game since LEGION. Despite what the rules say about: You cannot transfer a character from an account with the latest expansion to an account without the expansion

Whats worse is that Blizzard has made ZERO effort over the years to fix this bug, and would rather all of us players ignore it. Its so bad, that despite this being CLEARLY listed as being against the rules, people have posted guides on how to do it, here on the forums.

IMO, what makes this really bad is that-- even if you don’t consider it an exploit-- it IS pay-to-win at a minimum, because you are buying a SECOND WoW account, upgrading it to DF, xfering your toon to that acc, getting your level 70 == gear, and THEN you are transfering your toon back to a SL-locked account so you can stay in the level 60 bracket.

And before anyone suggests this is twinking-- No, twinking is min-maxing within the rules of the game. THIS is straight up BUYING POWER.

1 Like

So people are just not buying the expansion and can queue pvp with levelers without gaining exp?
They should just be in the exp off bracket of their own, no?

EDIT: nvm, looked at some of your profiles… so you guys are destroying levelers in bgs with now unattainable season 4 SL gear and now you’re upset that someone else has found a way to get better gear than you.

pot, meet kettle.

3 Likes

So, the game doesn’t count 60 as a twink bracket. You cannot turn off exp AT ALL. But ofc, if you dont buy DF, then you cant leave SL.

Thing is, the ilvl cap for SL gear is 311, and that’s assuming you reached the top pvp rank of duelist or you were a mythic raider… DF gear on the other hand is easily obtainable at ilvl 350.

EDIT: The big difference there is that my gear was obtained through skill, and is limited to what is allowed within the scope of the game. I didn’t break the rules, nor did I spend real $$ to gain an advantage.

1 Like

Well another solution would be to just have all gear scaled down. I did a 60 BG on my 70 and it scaled down to ilvl 184 or something.

That would make it fair for everyone including people that are new/returning after SL. But again, I assume you are not interested in making things fair unless you are the one who is disadvantaged.

2 Likes

The solution is to have a consistent set of rules that everyone has to follow-- which I think is what you mean by “fair.” And I would agree with that, and further add, that said rules should be enforced, especially when Blizzard officially posts them.

1 Like

Well a consistent rule is that when EXP is disabled at any level, you are queued in a separate BG bracket from people that are leveling. You have found a way around this rule which, obviously, you are OK with.

If you want all the rules enforced, ensure you understand the consequences.

3 Likes