The amount of bugs is literally making the game unplayable

The worst one that actually affects gameplay is one that completely disables my a and d keys and makes it so I cannot strafe or turn, I’ve never had this happen at all ever in any expansion to date whoever is in charge needs to be fired because theyre absolutely clueless and I come from over a decade of software engineering

8 Likes

Well tell them to hire more QA staff. O wait they were deemed not needed and were gotten rid of. We are the QA team now.

It’s not that it’s making the game unplayable… to me, anyway.
It’s that I’m losing faith in their ability to do their job. Not completely like an over dramatic Derek, but little-by-little

You sure that’s not an addon? Because mine was.

This often comes about from accepting, and entering, an LFG dungeon while on your dragonriding mount. To fix it, get on your dragonriding mount (you may need to teleport out of the dungeon) and do a bit of strafing to see that you can strafe while on your dragonriding mount, then dismount and you should be able to strafe normally once again (then teleport back to your dungeon after dismounting). There seems to be some bugs related to dragonriding (such as disconnects after a failed race especially if you use the teleport item).

I was literally in the middle of a mob pack dpsing then my a and d stopped working and ruined the key. I tried / reload didn’t work, restarted my client, didn’t work, I had to completely reset my machine to be able to use my and d properly and this literally never happened until after I purchased and started playing in DF content and now it’s happened atleast 3 times

any macros i have randomly stop working. i have to literally recreate the same macro twice, and when one stops working swap it out for the other macro which is the same. so i have to literally do this in arenas and bgs and everything.

i ended up needing raw non macro abilities on a side action bar just in case i need to drag it to replace my macro mid combat

Ya I’ve had weird macro issues saying spell not learned even tho I ctrl clicked it from my spell book, and a macro wouldn’t work when set to one key bind but works on another there’s literally an endless list of bugs right now

The strafe bug is horrible and affects a lot of people. It’s random, sometimes you can fix it getting on and off a dragonriding mount, but today I had it multiple times and the only way to fix it was logging onto a different character then logging into the bugged character. Even exiting the game and restarting it twice didn’t fix it, thought it was unfixable until I tried another character.

The entire game is in a laughable state honestly, they released in beta quality state if not alpha.

One time I logged in and randomly my camera and profanity filter settings were changed (and who knows what else). Exiting and restarting changed them back so I didn’t have to look through them all.

Random edit mode lua errors.

They’ve had to fix multiple profession and other exploits that shouldn’t have made it live.

Some talents still weren’t working on release and had to be hotfixed.

Hyperspawns in some areas and at some world quests

Probably a fairly long list of questionable balance choices

etc

Disable ipv6 in Windows. Especially if you use a home router. Let the router handle ipv6.

Then run the following command:
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Reboot your PC.

Both of these will substantially increase your gameplay experience.

I’m just confused how none of these bugs seem to be a priority to anyone. They’re just sort of… sitting there.

2 Likes

I feel attacked

Here’s another one, I’ll be in valdrakken and I’ll check the map for world quests, I leave valdrakken and they disappear, and it just did this to me with the dragonbane siege a second time so how the hell am I suppose to finish the aiding the accord: dragonbane keep quest

Yeah, from auction house not working, random disconnects, lag, quests not working, the strafing issue, macro issues, profession issues, it’s been… interesting. We’re definitely open-beta testing.

I didn’t Mean you. I meant the people who have a slight dislike to the game and then claim it’s the worst thing ever
Or everyone needs to be fired

They dicked their QA testers and made paying customers write up bug reports, what do you expect?

Since prepatch I’ve seen probably over 200 visual bugs, and I haven’t been playing a lot.
That’s not including the gameplay bugs like randomly flagging all allies in the raid as neutral mobs I can kill.

You can’t go an hour without a hilariously bad visual bug. This game is a mess.