Massive stutters with DF client

i912900k
RTX3080
DDR5@5200

Perfectly smooth fps prior to update, 170fps locked nearly everywhere outside of the most strenuous activities. Since the update has been out its near constant stuttering as assets “pop in”. This seems very similar to DX12 compiler issues that plague other games where first exposure to an art assets causes fps stutters.

164 Likes

Same problem here.

18 Likes

Same issues here. I’ve disabled all addons and I’m running everything on low, still stuttering real bad to the point where it’s unplayable. It was perfectly fine on high settings with stable 60+ FPS everywhere.

32 Likes

Same here on
i9-12900KF
RTX 2080 TI
32GB

11 Likes

Having the same problem guys, i cant play with that stuttering.
I7 4790k
Gtx 1080
16gb

13 Likes

same here 9700k 32 gig ram 2070 super

7 Likes

Was fine before today’s patch was a sold 130+ everywhere. On the DF beta everything runs smooth with multiple addons enabled, but on live with no addons im jumping up and down from 20-40 fps. Have the same exact graphic options as in beta as well

11 Likes

same here
5800x
rtx 3070
16gb

8 Likes

Horrible stutters too, panning camera around and frame rate goes from silky smooth to choppy as heck. Oy vey what a patch.

16 Likes

Same here. All addons deleted. Scanned and repaired game client. Reset options.
i7-10750H
RTX 2070 Super
34GB DDR4
1TB NVMe SSD

Edit: Set graphics slider to 1 and I’m still having stuttering and fps issues. Logged into the beta client and set the graphics slider to 10 and I’m still at 60 fps (I cap at 60) and I still have stuttering issues.

5 Likes

Same. I have my frames capped at 100 and before the patch it would only drop a little, maybe, in Ardenweald. But now flying around Dalaran I’m getting drops to between 60 -90 fps.

11 series Intel
32 gb ram
RTX 3070 1440p
Graphics level 7

6 Likes

Yeah based off of all the hardware people are posting, I doubt its hardware related.

Example
8700k @ 5ghz all core
32gb 3200 14-14-14-16
2080 Ti

Garbage frame rate , extreme stutters, none of which existed last night before the patch

9 Likes

Same here. Random FPS drops.

6 Likes

yea same here 3070 i7 laptop shes normally tight on 60 fps vsycn , but now some major stuttering go on when you turn camera and heavy loaded areas i normally do around 7 on quality so im not normally pushing it anyways
this time after new client it was set to 3 by default .

3 Likes

Totally not hardware related. Seeing it in both high end Nvidia and AMD cards listed here. I can usually tolerate much in terms of changes in wow but to have a game like wow perform poorly on 6900xt(massive fps drops and stuttering), I seriously question if they tested the game at all before releasing it.

14 Likes

i was going to add maybe try dx11 to see if it fixes it . i dont think dx12 is just there yet in at least my case with windows 11 . i found the same issues in eve with dx 12

3 Likes

Just for kicks, changed it to DX11 and legacy, no change.
Been running DX12 with zero issues until today

4 Likes

Same for me, i tried to change it and didnt work. I have been using dx12 without problem tho.

2 Likes

yea same was using 12 just fine prior to update

2 Likes

I just want 2 play the game without turning my camera and my frames ceasing to exist :^(

7 Likes