[Main Thread] Game crashing upon login of only ONE character - Error #132

After the TBC Classic update today, my game client crashes immediately after login on only one of my characters.

• This happens across multiple computers
  • Whether or not there are any addons installed does not have an effect
  • Renaming the wtf folder to clear saved settings does not have an effect
  • Using unstuck did port my character to Durotaur, but it did not resolve the crashing

I’ve opened a ticket, but I was curious if this is happening to anyone else.

Edit: back in action as of today’s hotfix. A little sad that we’ll probably never know what the problem was, but glad they fixed it. More sad that my guild missed a night of raiding thanks to people being locked out of their characters.

20 Likes

I’ve had the same issue, but it’s more than one. I’ve done all the exact same steps, even went so far as to see if DirectX11 vs DirectX12 made a difference. I also deleted the Cache as well and that made no difference.

UPDATE: This is only happening on my Level 70 toons. All my lower level toons can log in just fine and a lot of them have the same addons enabled as my level 70s, so I don’t think it’s an addon issue.

1 Like

I am having exact same issue, and have also taken all the steps you have. Removed all addons, renamed WTF and Cache and Interface folders to reset everything.

Can log in on other toons just fine. Also opened a ticket.

Same thing as above ^ I can log onto my various alts, but my main I can’t get into.

1 Like

Same problem. I cannot log into my 70 rogue Judochop on Grobbulus. I have also tried everything OP tried to fix it. I wonder what we all have in common?

Exactly the same issue. Can’t log onto my main. Reinstalled TBC to new directory so no addons are installed. Should be as fresh “out of the box” as it comes.

Same happens on different computer running different OS.

Same issue, bank alt is fine - 70 druid cannot type anything in chat nor stay in the game longer than a minute or the whole game will crash.

Question for those of y’all who have responded that you’re having the error: do any of you have the raven mount? I’ve been trying to think of what might be different between the character that I cannot log in and the characters that I can.

No raven mount here. We must all have something in common though.

I have a feeling it has to do with the recent clearing of the attune requirement. That mixed with some other random check thats failing

1 Like

Hm. Possibly. My priest, warlock, and shaman have all completed all raid attunements, though. Only the priest is bugged. But, it could be some other quest sitting in my log perhaps.

1 Like

The character affected is my only 70.
Has to be a piece of gear or something

I just checked on my 2nd account, I have no 70’s there, but have 3 toons that are having the same issue.

My lvl 70 shaman and lvl 70 priest who are BT/Hyjal attuned also crash.

This application has encountered a critical error:
Error #132 Fatal exception!
ACCESS_VIOLATION
The memory could not be “read”

Can log onto alts and my lvl 70 mage, who is not BT/Hyjal attuned and does not do any raids, perfectly fine.

I deleted the original wow classic tbc installation, installed a new one and launched it. Same error. There is no WTF or Interface/Addons folder since it is a fresh installation. Cannot log onto these two chars. I have used the online unstuck teleport form to transport the shaman from Shattrath to outside Stormwind City (even though it said it would teleport me to westfall?) and it still crashes.

Edit:
Also I have another 70 priest Pixolmats-Myzrael that does not raid, is not attuned to Hyjal/BT, cannot log in due to the same crash error. I have lvl 70 chars: warlocks, rogue, druid, and mage that can log in fine.

no i dont have that

I’m having the same issue as well, on my main. My other 70s are fine.

1 Like

im having the same issue i can log on alts on the same account that are 70 but my main warlock keeps crashing with that same error

/wave

Another Myzraelian out in the wild.

Same thing here. When I try to log in to my level 70 main, the game crashes and I get the Error #132. I can log in to my other characters fine, including another level 70. I’ve disabled all my addons, deleted Cache, WTF, and Interface folders, restarted my computer, updated drivers, did a Scan and Repair on the game, closed my addon applications, uninstalled security programs, used the character unstuck service, and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I still can’t log in to my main.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried logging into the character from a different computer?