Ice Fishing Hole not active (no dailies/nets/fish turn in)

As the title says, the Ice Fishing Hole in Azure Span has nothing active. I understand the nets and daily aren’t available if the bar is too low, but the guy to turn in fish to doesn’t even have the blue question mark over his head. The bar isn’t even spawning to show the level of fish in the area.

Edit: This is on Archimonde

1 Like

Unlocking ice fishing requires a minimum renown with the Tuskarr faction (Renown 10) and completion of a short quest chain. Grimtusk’s fiahing hole is intentionally inaccessible until the qualifications are satisfied.

(An alt will inherit the reputation unlock from a main that has attained the level 10 renown, but I don’t see any evidence that the alt also inherits the quest completion, so you may want to check that if this is an alt.)

I’ve got it unlocked… hence why I am aware of, and frustrated by the lack of, the turn-in that should be there but isn’t… I’m sorry. Not trying to be rude here, just annoyed by all the little bugs so far.

3 Likes

Only one additional fishing hole besides the River Mouth fishing hole is active per week. The active second fishing hole is at Tyrhold this week. Not a bug but intended behavior to funnel players into fewer locations due to the way fish stock works.

Awesome sauce. Thank you for the explanation. Cheers

1 Like

I am renown level 27, have done all the fishing quests, and visit Grim’s fishing hole every day and i have never found it to be open. There has never been a blue mark over any NPC’s head. I dont know whats wrong!

2 Likes

Same exact thing that Thecheat mentioned in December - only one additional fishing area beyond River Mouth is active per week, and this week is not Grimtusk’s fishing hole. I want to say it’s the Burning Ascent but I’m not in game to verify that.

Grimtusk was active about three, maybe four weeks ago. You just have to wait for it to come up again (it doesn’t appear to be on a cycle as the Roaring Dragonspring came up twice before Burning Ascent did after Dragonflight launched).

Correct. Lava fishing this week, not ice fishing.