Controversy: Mistweaving and Fistweaving

I seriously thought the mana tea was such a fun little mini game

I would just be happy if we could channel Soothing Mist while moving again.

2 Likes

I’ve seen people say this for years and I don’t think it’s true at all.

Preservation Evokers and Holy Paladins have healed M+ pretty well with holy power and essence. Chi would work just as well.

Enveloping mist also used to be a lot beefier per cast when it was a 3 chi spender. I’d expect chi spenders to be larger in value compared to mana spammable versions we have now.

2 Likes

With tuning it would probably be good, but I distinctly remember Challenge Modes being a pain in the rear with the WoD kit; so I’m not very hopeful on the old tuning.

EDIT: Not to say that I am interested in getting Chi back, I don’t want Blizzard to decide to put RSK as a chi spender or the like.

Also imagine if monk healers still put out orbs like back in MoP… that would be a complete mess, you can’t force people to get the healing spheres over the field, how would that even work in M+?

I’ve built around Soothing, Unison and Tear. I spam Soothing, use Enveloping about twice as often as Vivify, don’t touch EF at all and avoid Mastery like the plague. I’ve taken Secret Infusion and Invokers. One minute Yu’lon is my big throughput CD and TFT with ReM/Env is my mini burst throughput every 30 seconds if needed. I keep Revival in my back pocket unless I know I’m using it on a specific overlap.

I think it’s strong enough to be an A tier M+ healer right now because I think it’s significantly better than Hpriest, Rsham, Disc and probably similar in power to Hpal. It honestly might be Rdruid tier throughput or higher when fully geared but I don’t want to get carried away making outlandish claims so until I’m ~410 ilvl with proper trinkets and can compare for sure so I’ll stick with A tier.

I don’t have any real mana issues if I am being conservative and my throughput is incredible. Sustaining 60-70k HPS when needed isn’t a problem. Bursting higher than that for Hyrja storms or Tempest storm etc is also not a problem. I healed a 20 NO at 391 and have been healing 17/18/19/20’s all week now that I’m at 400 ilvl and it’s gotten noticeably easier. The hardest part is getting invited as a MW.

I’m looking forward to practicing more and gearing up to 410 to push into 21’s and Tyran 20’s. FWIW I don’t think my Druid or Pres at ~390 would have been able to heal some of the keys my MW has this week but that’s pure speculation on my part. The TL:DR is that I think a casting version of MW is much stronger than people think.

The downside is that doing damage makes me OOM. No joke I spent 700k mana on SCK in a 20 SBG today. 130k mana on RSK on the last boss. The craziest part of the build is that when I just channel Soothing and heal without trying to minmax damage I have absolutely no mana issues unless things go horribly wrong but I have to drink 3-4 times during a key if I’m DPS’ing.

The upside is that the Shielun’s, Life Cocoon and Revival changes coming in 10.0.5 are all big buffs to what is (in my opinion) an already strong but not meta spec. Hopefully caster MW catches on a bit and more people find success with it because it’s in the best state it’s been in for years imo and very fun.

6 Likes

A simple design where after xx sec of not being used they pop and heal the nearest damaged target (give it a long range of course). which would mean worse case scenario they become a delayed a heal that pops.

That’s actually how they were designed originally with a 30 sec duration and a 12 yard range (which is pretty small admittedly). There was also a button to immediately detonate all in WoD at least.

i concede if that was what the previous poster meant when they said iy may not work in M+: that’s why i mentioned the increased range on the sphere pop. I would gladly take that any day over current mastery (but i concede that might be because when i fistweave mastery means little to me since i don’t get the gusts of mists procs hitting things).

Could you hook me up with a link to your build? Would love to try it out.

My damage build looks like this:
B4QAdeydY63Y4XKaboK13uRRQUCpQSkkSp0kQEkUokINBAAAAAAAAAAAAASKhEJJSI5AJhGJJAAI

My pure defense build looks like this:
B4QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUCKkEJpUKNJSEkUoESTAAAAAAAAAAAAAkmkSSSkkIBESakkDIAAC

Sometimes my build is inbetween those depending on what level key and dungeon I’m running. A 19/20 RLP for instance would be very defensive, especially in pugs because I know each Destroyer is getting 3-4 Inferno’s off and I want a defensive for as many as I can. But an AA/SBG/CoS/NO etc I’ll play as much damage as I can.

Be warned though; doing DPS is what makes me OOM. I spent 700k mana on RSK and 250k on SCK in a SBG this week so if you’re going to try to do a lot of damage be ready to drink.

1 Like

Anyone saying the old MW orb mastery was “good” is out of their mind.

Mastery was a complete dead stat for MW, even more than it was in SL.

It was awful. Maybe people that thought it was good also thought Lightwell was good.

I tried this for myself. It is absolutely broken. I did 10 mythic pluses yesterday and every single time it was at least my third highest healing ability overall.

In two of those 10 dungeons it was actually my SECOND highest healing ability because of lucky procs.

It’s broken, and supreme BiS I’m convinced. How icy veins and wowhead guides for mw don’t even have this trinket listed in the top 10 best trinkets is beyond me.

I recently got a 380ish version of the turtle trinket and was thinking about trying it out because of how strong the proc looks.

But I have a 408 Whispering Incarnate Icon and a 398 Broodkeeper’s Promise trinket which are allegedly our BiS so I was hesitant to try the lower item level turtle one.

Try it. It’s broken. I’ll see if I can come back and link some logs once I start doing mythics again today.

1 Like

My monk is 397 with no tier; I copied your build and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’m having a really tough time hitting even 60k hps when bursting hard. Perhaps my mastery is too high? How much vers/crit/haste do you run?

So much truth.

Pyro knows and Pyro helps the community.

Pyro is looking out for YOU!

But seriously its a very good trinket. Really cool trinket. I hope they don’t nerf it.

Is there some reason the ritual shell is better for them than other healers? I have one on my druid (only 385, friend got a 392 at similar base ilvl, but I’ve had no luck with the hidden titanforging world drops) but it’s never anywhere close to top 3 heals for my druid.

Haven’t done much world content on alts so I haven’t gotten one yet on my monk. Is it just melee attacks that proc it a lot or something?

1 Like

This is my Monk if that helps. I run max Haste and try to get Vers as the off-stat but Crit is fine too. I avoid Mastery as much as possible.

You won’t be bursting super high without Yu’lon up and will pump the most HPS by using TFT and Yu’lon together. You also need the whole group to be taking a lot of damage to see it shine.

It wasn’t until the water boss hallway trash in 16+ TJS keys or 20/21 boss mechanics like Tempest’s Storm in NO that I saw 100k+ regularly.

2 Likes

Are you looking at Raids or at Dungeons?

In a raid, it will be low.

In a dungeon? Does about 12% overall healing.

But here’s why it’s good:

1. It’s a smart heal. It will heal things Near your target that are damaged, if necessary.
  2. It heals for 61-70k, and will pop people that are dying without you even noticing.
  3. it procs from abilities, not from heals. So you can proc it with tiger palm/sck attacks etc.

It probably will be equal to Broodkeeper trinket in HPS in a dungeon, except noticeable when it works. It creates really smooth gameplay overall.

That being said, you do outgrow it eventually, and you really dont need it.