Class Tuning Incoming – January 24

Most if not all classes are shadowlands style they are not changing gameplay. Period.

Hunters Bm and SV are bottom and no buffs ? Why?

Warcraftlogs → Mythic > overall

2 Likes

I mean Druid’s getting alot of changes. So has Priest.

I don’t think its out of the picture for Mages to get a Druid/Priest overhaul in 10.0.7.

jokess on me, rerolled druid cause MW is in a state. although ill say, MW will still be garbage after this patch, and druid will still be better at least.

Can we see some of the previous class nerfs reverted now that this is coming along? Particularly Shadow dot nerfs?

This change hurts dot classes a bit more than the rest, and I think it needs to be addressed before this goes live.

Protection is missing some long awaited/needed buffs.
Please look at our mobility (please get rid of the steed).
Mythic Keys 18+ are unforgiving and one can really feel how squishy the class is at this level. Please consider adjusting. Here are my recommendations:

I’ve said before and will say again: Prot Paladin’s have self-healing talents that were never adjusted for the HP increase, and other talents that just don’t do enough for the cost of a talent point.

Light of the Titans – 2 talent point cost: When a tank has 450k-500k HP, what is 13.5k HP over 15 seconds? This heal does not heal based off missing health either. WOG heals up to 787% of Spell Power, while Light of the titans heals for 105% Att Power per talent point.

Additionally, WOG needs to come back off GCD which will show a marked increase in its use for self sustain and party assist.

Hand of the Protector – just make baseline that all healing is improved based on missing health or buff and adjust the previous talent to 1 point cost and allow us to take this node.

Moment of Glory – Reduce to 1 min CD or increase to 20-25 sec duration.

Bulwark of Order – Adjust to up 60-75% damage absorb per talent point smooth out damage intake.

Tyrs inforcer – why 2 talent?

Maybe consider giving Prot Paladin a Raid/Party utility/CD??

Please connect improved holy shield to hold shield talent

These changes are changes in the talent not gameplay.

Please just change Devastations mastery. You’re never going to be able to balance it. It was horrible design from the start.

Don’t know why it needed a reduction. I have to fight hard to land a DS on classes infinitely more mobile than I.

:milky_way: :blue_square: :milky_way: :blue_square:

1 Like

Any responses to all of the bugs that need to be fixed before going live?

When your class starts feeling like that awkward oddball at the party standing in a corner by themselves trying to act like they are enjoying themselves. It would be nice if Blizzard would at least address classes that aren’t getting changes and their reasoning as to why they feel they are in a good place. Then we could at least have a discussion.

Feeling like your concerns are falling on deaf ears is what causes player animosity.

2 Likes

This is a new patch some bugs will be fixed while another will take its place.

This is something I want to highlight, actually.

Yeah, yeah, prot nerfs, it sucks, whatever. As long as tanks in general are strong, and prot isn’t bottom of the barrel, which I don’t believe they will be, I’ll be happy.

What I don’t want is a return to the tanking that existed in Shadowlands and BFA. I actually tanked a lot of M+ in Legion; I basically went DPS-only in the next two expansions because of how bad it was. We weren’t tanks; we were kiters on a lot of trash packs. If I wanted to kite I would have rolled a hunter. (Some of that is due to class balance; I’m sure I could have face-tanked anything I wanted to if I were a Death Knight in SL).

Uh only 2 classes clearing those could also mean the class is overtuned if theyre the only ones able to easily do so?

Do you really think tanks deserve to breeze through 20+ keys just because? :skull:

there’s a bunch of talents that expect holy paladin to cast flash of light and holy light, but those spells feel too weak to deal with bursts of damage and for having to stand still to cast them; caster holy paladin not good enough

Uhhhh…no…but i do expect it to be doable.

Why make the content if no one can do it?

If warriors and dks are doing it, it doesnt mean they are overpowered unless the number of them doing it is overwhelming. Which a quick glance at raider dot io shows us, is not the case.

Therefore, all other tanks are underpowered.

Unless, you know, your whole thought process is based on no one being able to do the content period. Which, wouldn’t make sense to have content no one can do. Right?

Anything else? or, you just like being smarmy for the sake of being smarmy?

1 Like

Statistics don’t lie, especially from a raiding perspective. We may be “fine” in M+ but we are objectively the worst healer when it comes to HPS in raid.

2 Likes

We just had this problem with Ret, Dragons and Ferals, where PvE damage spills over into PvP making the experience that much more miserable… do… do you guys think it won’t be the same for Fury??

1 Like

most squisy? Try playing survial without turtle or freeze trap.

Do you really NOT want ALL tanks to be able to tank in 20+ keys?

Yes Prot Warrior is Strong. But other classes need buffs too. Monk Buffs look good on paper. Unsure about Guardian druid. Prot Pally needs adjustments. IDK about Veng DH but I don’t understand why they get weaker versions of DK healing/mitigation style.

Warriors are OP by FAAAAAAAR. BDK is in a good place (maybe?).

According to Raider dot io in keys 20+ tank comp is as follows:

Class Tank Pop +20 Key Class Frequency per +20 Key
Prot Warrior 39.1% 46.6%
Blood DK 19.6% 19.7%
Veng DH 14.8% 11.7%
Prot Paladin 13.1% 13.1%
Guardian Druid 7.4% 4.6%
Brew Monk 6% 4.3%

Prot Warrior is the current gold standard.

Instead of nerfing Prot Warrior bring other classes inline.

Brew and Guardian need most substantial buffs.
Some guardian adjustments aren’t great.

Paladin and DH need decent adjustments.
see my previous Paladin thread for ideas <345

Blood DK in good spot - maybe need some minor buffs.

4 Likes