Class Tuning and PvP Adjustments Coming in 9.2.5

holy priest could have used an adjustment in pvp

4 Likes

You know, I’m going to sound like Ragemode, but…

Why are you doing such a significant buff to Windwalker and Outlaw (the latter 100000% needed it), but you only give a 4% buff to Beast Mastery, when they’re the lowest dps spec of any class/spec by far? And no buffs to Feral, who has a similar situation as Windwalker, but for the opposite? (Single Target vs AoE)

Also, why have you not buffed the Havoc 4p? It’s borderline useless. A fight has to last a specific amount of time for you to get any benefit from it, which is ridiculous.

Lolno. Beast Mastery was the top hunter spec and in the top 5 of all specs for like 3 expacs, it won’t kill you if you’re the lowest hunter spec for one patch.

17 Likes

Nothing for Balance Druid again? What on earth do they look at to determine what changes to make?

8 Likes

Ask Arms warriors how awful their 4pcs are and you’ll redefine your meaning of “borderline useless”.

5 Likes

Aff needs a rework. It won’t get buffs because to give it single target damage would break it on council fights.

1 Like

Havoc 4p:

+6 Seconds to Meta. Does NOT affect Demonic. Every 60 Fury you spend takes 1 second off Meta’s CD.

You save maybe 30-40 seconds max on the cooldown. Which means unless the fight takes exactly in the time frame where you would get an extra meta off, it’s useless. (And very few fights will do that)

Arms 4p at least gives you a significant amount of uptime on a straight 2-8% strength bonus.

Havoc is by far the worst set bonus for dps. Lol.

19 Likes

BM is a single target spec. It’s not going to have insane aoe.

1 Like

BM 4 piece says hello?

2 Likes

for the love of god give an update on balance

12 Likes

No nerfs for destro. Tiny buffs for arcane and BM. NO BUFFS FOR BALANCE OR AFFLICTION?

Blizzard, why? What is your reason for leaving stunningly OP specs alone and either not touching or barely touching struggling specs?

15 Likes

I don’t understand why they are being so stupid about this.

The thing that made outlaw aoe OP in BFA is a trait that doesn’t exist anymore, like what are they doing?

3 Likes

You nerf Destro and Survival and you make everything across the board harder by this point.

The time to nerf those specs significantly was the week before Mythic. Now it’s basically what happened with BFA S4 Fire Mage: the specs are clearly broken as hell, but if you nerf them now you’re just gonna give the finger to anyone who actually geared them up to push keys or raid this season.

3 Likes

BM should stay at current place for the sake of hunter class. SV and MM can shine in high end content now, because BM sucks.
At the very moment Blizzard gives a big buff to BM, every hunter will go BM(like it was in BFA) , and SV and MM will be the forgotten hunter spec once again(like it was in BFA).
Every hunter will go BM, because it’s the easiest spec to play. Yeah, SV and MM rotation are also simple with tier sets, but they have their disadvantages to deal with. SV is melee and MM has a casting time to their main skill. While BM, all of their abilities are instant and ranged. So yes, BM is the easiest hunter spec to play, and if Blizz buff them too much, it will kill the spec diversity.

3 Likes

Exactly, they can’t nerf them now otherwise they might as well give the R1 m+ title out next Tuesday since no one else will ever get close to those key levels.

2 Likes

Great changes so far, concerned about bm buffs in pvp, indirect fury buff with bug hotfix and no changes to rogues though

Also hoping to see more disc buffs

3 Likes

After these buffs I can tell you MM will be a dead spec, SV for keys and SV for Anduin/Dreadlords and BM will be the main pick for every fight in the raid.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. But they should be addressed by season 4 as that is supposed to be a new season despite it being reused content.

I’m not really sure that the game should pander and protect FotM chasers though. That was their decision to swap to those classes because they were OP, there should be an inherent knowledge that there is the potential for them to be nerfed and it shouldn’t be a surprise.

9.2.5 is basically the setup for season 4 though which I know releases after. It would just be good to get some acknowledgement that they have changes in line for season 4 release or something.
As upto now it has just been completely ignored despite it being the abnormally large rainbow elephant in the room.

2 Likes

I’m all for these Arms buffs.

Still feel like their ST will be trash but we’ll see, I’m no expert.

lmao.

1 Like

If you’re trying to buff WW’s ST weakness -Why is feral not getting AoE buffs? The two specs mirror each other in that regard.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, protecting FOTM re-rollers is literally the worst excuse possible to not change something. If anything it should be considered an unintended benefit if you make things worse for people who only play whatever is the most powerful spec, knowing that it will remain the most powerful for many months on end because Blizzard doesn’t even attempt to keep things balanced.

2 Likes