Chronobooned Buffs REMOVED if turned into zombie

Alright so long story short, Made a DK, got all the world buffs, XP locked it at 63 so I could wait for DMF. Finally got DMF, got to 70, went afk in shatt, died to zombie plague. Which removed all my booned buffs. Totally pissed off and angry that I spent the time and effort, and see that it is happening to more people as well. Warn who you can if they want to keep their booned buffs forever like I did. Here is a link to another thread in another bug report forum.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Ill be sure to keep my priest away from the action.

My paladin on the other hand shall be ready to watch the world burn.

Have you tried to put the boon in the bank and then take it back out?

You know, I tried a few different things. I did not try this however, and unfortunately out of panic and pretty much desperation, I tried to unboon them to see if I could maybe reboon (I have never unbooned at 70 so wasn’t sure exactly what would happen but I wasn’t in a raid or instance so figured may as well try everything) and unfortunately I did not get the buffs and the boon was consumed.

Actually contemplating deleting this DK and remaking. Probably about 15k down the drain but it’s my new main and I really wanted it to be a bit more special

Thars unfortunate. Yeah the buffs flat out do not apply to a character over 63. They used to but it was part of the change in classic to crush the world buff meta before tbc came in.
So once its out of the jar, its gone.

Yeah I fugured as much. Well time to take a step away from the PC and get some air and think about if I want to do this all over again. DMF ends Saturday so I have a few days at least! Anyways best of luck dude, warn your friends and stay safe out there :slight_smile:

It was a change in Patch 2.1, so long before “Classic” was a thought.

Eh i stand corrected on the exact timing.
You still used to be able to have it at 70 at one point.

Yeah not sure that matters specifically but good to be educated I suppose :slight_smile:

Yeah the only world buff you can have at 70 is DMF and a few other random + stat world buffs doesn’t matter if you’re in a raid or not.

Sorry man that sucks , I would have kept them in a boon and made a gm ticket but you cant go back now.

GL if you decide to make a new DK.

Making a GM ticket is easier said than done. There was no option really that applied here that allowed me to submit a ticket, instead I basically was lead here. So yeah, unfortunate but it is what it is. New DK is made and got some guildies heading out to get world buff items as we speak lol

Yeah true , they have it setup weird now and its hard to make a “general” ticket about something random.

I will report this on the github for you guys, sorry this happened to so many of you!

Yeah this happened to my death knight. Fully charged chrono, was saving them to level up. Gone.

You also got infected, turned into a zombie, died, and then the buffs were lost? We’re trying to find out what exactly is happening and if we can do anything to prevent or avoid it (like keeping resto pots/jungle remedies always on us, never going afk and always logging out, etc)

I noticed it immediately upon ghouling myself. Some people on my server claim to be safe. But most aren’t. It may be for anyone who’s had it in their bank when ghoul’d. Mine was in bank, and most other people I knew had theirs in bank too when they lost buff

Had my chronoboon in bank. I turned into zombie and lost all my stored buffs as well (3dire maul/zg/ony/rend/darkmoonfaire/). Had stored since vanilla until now. Sucks man.

1 Like

This happened to me as well. Please allow us to fix this somehow. I know plenty of people that hold a lot of meaning for having that buff from back in the day. A lot of effort put into it.

Ok when I died and lost mine, My chronoboon was in my inventory, so i know that it being in the bank or not doesn’t matter

Also, it looks like restoration potions do not dispel the disease at all

Turning into zombie also prevents the “Haunted” buff from haunted memento from showning up.

So I just had two guildies today, both with booned buffs, get infected, changed, and killed, and neither lost their booned buffs. Idk what it means. They both only had 2 wbs, not sure if that could be why