Blood of My Blood - Quest Bug

Ok, I did it one more time, real slow… I let him talk. Then I defeated him. I tried talking to him and nothing. I walked back to his sister and all the sudden she cast something and the quest finished. So… Whatever, moving on. I don’t know what I did different or if the bug self corrected.

2 Likes

Finally! It worked for me too now. Just do it like Grubblidoom did.
I did the exact same thing yesterday but then it did not work, so maybe it got already fixed? Gonna ask some people that have been trying for weeks if it is fixed for them as well.\o/

2 Likes

Still not working for me. Tried doing it slow a few times as well

1 Like

Ok now ive tried it in a lot of different ways, and still have not had any results

1 Like

can’t get the quest to deliver anarys… have tried so many ways of abandoning and retaking and going slowly and pulling both characters to the deliver circle while in combat and just… nothing. pls send help

1 Like

I finally got it to work after 3 days, I just didnt fight back and let her hit me for like 1 or 2 minutes before slowly fighting back with weak attacks. At first I didnt think it worked but after 30 or so seconds Ly’leth talked and it completed the quest without Anarys’ character even moving. This whole things a mess.

1 Like

EDIT: I got it to work. After days. I switched from prot to ret. got naked. equipped my legion ret artifact ashbringer. hit the tombstone. immediately targeted him, ran to the delivery zone. stunned him halfway between his spawn location and the delivery zone. kept running to Lyleth. and popped all my cooldowns on him as soon as he was standing next to silgryn. his health did not go all the way down, only to about 30% . it seemed as though “someone” cast Frost Dk Chains of Ice on him, there was brief dialogue. and the quest completed. thank chtulu.

The most frustrating thing that ive encountered in Wow in years. Theres no excuse for this old content to be bugged. this has been a well documented bug on WowHead for years now. why is this broken. why is there not a player work around? It has been 3 days that ive been messing around with this quest trying to get through it so i can finish the campaign on my paladin and get the mount. its ridiculous. I have 2 tickets open for legion class campaign quest bugs and my ticket response time went from 1-2hrs friday morning to 1 day 20 hrs saturday morning. no response yet. Ive tried every fix that ive found on comments etc. its awful.

1 Like

I spoke with the people that had the same problem and it’s still not working for them… :frowning: There doesn’t seem to be a workaround either… you just have to get lucky. Really hope Blizz sees this cause it’s rly frustrating for such an important quest not to work.

Back when it didn’t work for me i made a ticket too, sadly they couldn’t help me at all and just told me to keep trying and get other peoples attention so Blizz notices it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tried it again after the maintenance and still broken. Put in a few bug reports, and the tickets sent me to wow head. When I said I did everything, they basically said “well that sucks, nothing we can do”. While I did the suramar questline on my dk a month or so ago, I was trying to do balance of power, so this makes it way harder.

TL;DR: Should I expect them to fix this after 3 years? Or is this just something I should give up on.

Having the same issue here! it’s a shame cause i can’t continue with my Suramar questline because of that bug… And i think Blizzard team it’s going to ignore that bug cause it’s from a past expansion… This is the kind of thing that makes me go nuts, lol

So a friend helped me. I beat her/him, reload the ui, try to talk to her again, then walk to lyleth

I was only able to get this to work, after another player activated Anarys (for their quest) during my fight. There were two and I engaged both of them, and defeated both of them. It wouldn’t let me attempt to talk to the 2nd activated Anarys (other players), but I was able to click on mine. STILL NO DIALOG popped up, but when I walked back to Ly’leth, my Anarys appeared as if Chains of Ice had been cast upon him. That is when I remembered that when I first got to the quest, I activated while someone else was fighting their Anarys. Theirs too appeared as if Chains of Ice had been cast upon them after they walked back to Ly’leth. Maybe, a player needs to activate Anarys, then have another activate it for their quest? All in all, not a fan of this quest… Should have been fixed a long time ago. GL

A workaround has been found!

After reading these bug report posts and going to Wowhead (since GMs were telling people to go there and “try everything”) I did just that. Here’s what you need to do -

Attack Anarys as soon as they appear, don’t let them walk toward you.
Kite them back to the memorial then defeat them - do not talk to them!
Walk back toward Ly’leth and GO PAST HER a few feet to the tree.
Turn around, walk back toward Ly’leth.
The “capture” of Anarys will trigger and the quest will complete.

This has worked for several people on Wowhead in just the last few days, and it worked for me just a moment ago after 2 solid days of trying everything else. Good luck!

19 Likes

Thank you so much! This was the only thing that worked for me.

Callysto, it sounds silly, but it works perfectly :slight_smile: Thank you!

this truly is gods work

Can confirm, worked for me!

Just to wrap it up, this worked for all my friends too! :smiley:
Thank you Callysto \o/
At least we have a workaround now until Blizz fixes it.

This worked for me too. Thank you!

Ive been teying to get this to work for a while now. Had to abandon the quest 4 times. But i finally got it work by reloading by UI… gettingnaked, letting her hit me a couple times… kited her back about halfway, the DISRUPTED her (which as a 70 killed her lol). Only then was i actually able to speak to her and complete the quest as normal.

When i tried to jsut kite her back so it would trigger the trap she faded once i got close to her sister.