Blizz tells gamerrant they want Wrath to "Feel like vanilla"

I think it has more do do with the cost of development than anything else, just like LFD.

Why spend a ton of cash to retrofit a retail feature into classic (I know wotlk had its own version) only for it to be revamped down the road ON TOP of the fact that most players are using addons like Questie that fulfill the same purpose.

From a cost perspective it makes no sense.

That’s precisely what we’re getting though.

The + is the stage of difficulty you are at. That is why it is Mythic+15. It is the 15th stage of Mythic+. Why in the world is that even a question you would ask from that statement. I guess it might be from my denial of it being infinite. For all anyone knows. Mythic+ goes to stage 50 as a final point. We don’t know that because your give can’t take your there. Infinite is a buzzword. It sounds good, and if no one can hit the end it might as well be infinite. Doesn’t make it so.

Yes, 5 seconds of research shows anyone how it works. Why in the world you don’t know that while claiming so heavily that something isn’t a mythic+ like system I will never know.

They specifically said they are adding challenges. Affixes are challenges. Are you just playing dumb or something?

Yeah, no. That isn’t how it works. Heroics how they were originally aren’t Mythic+. They don’t increase in difficulty over the expansion. They are static.

What they are intending to do to Heroics in WotLK would make them Mythic+. They would be the equivalent of a Mythic+0.

I’m not being a brazen liar. I’m telling it how it is. Not sugar coating and not trying to hide behind smoke and mirror of “Affixes aren’t challenges”, “Oh, there being multiple stages to heroics doesn’t make them anything like the multiple stages of Mythic+”, “Oh the better rewards you get from them aren’t like the better rewards you get from Mythic+”, or “Oooo I got you they never said anything about keys! See it is nothing like mythic+ because it doesn’t have this arbitrary access component see!”

It makes sense from short term cost perspective.

2 Likes

What server you play on?? Mankrik horde constantly seeing LFG or LFM for dungeons in all lvl brackets

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say that we do in fact intend to implement the quest tracking features that were added in patch 3.3 of original Wrath of the Lich King into the Quest Log and Map UI at some point. The interviews linked by the OP were a few months old and our thinking has changed quite a bit on this since then.

This feature isn’t present on the Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta at this time, but this along with several other UI features such as the Calendar and Equipment Manager are still in active development.

Thanks for all the feedback around this!

68 Likes

Thanks for the update on this!

Oh man. This needs to be Blue Posted to the top. Otherwise the angry sentiment will continue. Thank you for the clarification.

5 Likes

Good to hear. Maybe their thinking on dungeon finder could still change.

38 Likes

Is anyone even playing on classic era servers anymore?

i like chocolate icecream

3 Likes

Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you This makes me so happy to hear.

Awesome. Now just need the same reassurance for RFD and m+. Lets gets wotlk back to being the wotlk the way it was and the way we all know and love

20 Likes

Well, let’s actually pick apart the language they used, which is admittedly quite vague. They said they wanted dungeons to be an “interesting challenge”. To me, that doesn’t sound like they’re going to just adjust some numbers and call it a day.

If you take into account this “Classic MMO feel” that they’re talking about, my best guess is that they’ll do something that feels very Wrath-esque. I’m thinking something along the lines of “hard mode” challenges like in Ulduar, or something like achievements that award certain things like badges. For example, “Kill all of the enemies in the Undead room in Heroic Drak’tharon Keep in a single pull, and you’ll be rewarded with 3 extra badges.” Or maybe “Allow Svala Sorrowgrave’s sword to pierce everyone in your party without any deaths in Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle.” Or maybe “Kill Keristrasza in the Nexus on Heroic difficulty without ever clearing stacks of Intense Cold.” These challenges would definitely be interesting, and it would fit into the general feel of Wrath when you consider achievements and hard modes. Not to mention, it would be very easy to add these challenges to every single dungeon that I can actually think of off the top of my head. Even the easiest and most basic dungeons have some actual mechanics to work with.

On top of all this, let’s take notice of the fact that they mentioned absolutely nothing about adding a whole new difficulty, which was done in what, MoP? Warlords of Draenor? I don’t even remember at this point. Let’s stop perpetuating the absurd conjecture that this is Mythic+ and acting like it’s a fact, and like they actually said that. They didn’t. I highly doubt that this added challenge is going to be a whole new mode. It’s certainly possible that they’re just adjust numbers/add a new difficulty, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that’s the case, so putting those words in their mouths is just pointless and disingenuous.

Thanks for popping in. We’re not very used to direct communication from you guys anymore, and I wish that wasn’t the case. It’s very helpful to have clarification in these threads that spread a lot of misinformation. Though I can understand that lifting the veil is a minefield for you guys because there are decisions being made high up that none of us like.

Thanks for this update.

Just a side note, but why are you now deleting the other threads instead of allowing people to link this response in them?

1 Like

Not getting 3.3 features in 3.0?

OH NO
Anyways…

Thank you sweet prince.

Now revisit the thinking on Race Changes… :slight_smile:

That’s literally all I want. Include dungeon finder and don’t go through with this Mythic+ nonsense and I turn back into my old Blizz fanboy self.

7 Likes

Not adding additional difficulties presents other problems though. As that widens the gap between normal and heroic 5 mans which makes it harder for players just hitting 80 to get into heroic 5 mans.

1 Like