Beta Update 0.9.2

Beta Update 0.9.2

June 28, 2022

Developer Note: Patch 0.9.2 provides a handful of quality-of-life features, Mini and Mission tuning, and bugfixes while we prepare for our next content patch.

Minis

• Fixed an issue that would allow Core Hounds to be healed from other sources when they are dead.
  • Fixed an issue causing heals from Minis to affect bosses.

Talents

Developer Note: The goal for Talents, with rare exception, is to make units better at what they are good at instead of changing their roles. Melee Minis with Talents that killed flying units changed their role a bit too much. Similarly, Talents like Meat and Bones changed unit matchups substantially. Lastly, the prevalence of stuns, especially passive ones from ranged or unbound Minis has been reduced.

• Abomination
    • Noxious Presence no longer damages flying enemies.
  • Angry Chickens
    • Walking Crate health has been increased to allow for more hits from towers.
  • Bloodmage Thalnos
    • Death Coil has been replaced with Drain Life.
  • Cairne
    • Plains Running speed buff is now permanent.
  • Cheat Death
    • Leeching Poison has been renamed to Vampirism.
  • Drake
    • Drakes using Roost, will now more reliably roost closer to the center of towers.
  • Fire Elemental
    • Immolation Aura’s damage frequency has been increased; overall damage is unchanged.
  • Firehammer Dwarf
    • Blazing Speed will now increase max Fury stacks to 5 instead of granting a passive 15% attack speed increase.
  • Footmen
    • Shield Spikes has been replaced with Fortification.
    • New Talent: Fortification – Gain 30% additional empty Health.
  • Frostwolf Shaman
    • Stoneskin Totem has been replaced with Earth Shield.
    • New Talent: Earth Shield – Permanently grant Armored to a nearby ally with 1 charge.
  • Gargoyle
    • New Talent: Obsidian Statue – Gargoyle becomes a statue with taunt upon death.
  • Goblin Sappers
    • Crude Gunpowder burn damage and area of effect has been increased.
  • Gryphon Rider
    • Air Drop has been reworked. The initial drop now happens faster with a longer delay between subsequent potions.
  • Meat Wagon
    • Meat and Bones will now alternate attacks between summoning a skeleton and dealing normal damage.
  • Ogre Mage
    • Ignite burn damage has been increased.
  • Prowler
    • Den Mother has been replaced with Predatory Instincts.
    • New Talent: Predatory Instincts – Deal double damage to enemies at full health.
  • Quilboar
    • Bristleback will no longer damage flying enemies, damage has been increased significantly, and a short cooldown has been added.
  • Rend
    • Flaming Soul has been replaced with Legionnaire.
    • New Talent: Legionnaire – Dismounted when first taking damage. Gyth will continue to fight.
  • S.A.F.E. Pilot
    • Comin’ in Hot burn damage has been increased.
  • Skeleton Party
    • 5 Man replaces Cheap Shot for Rogue with Ambush.

Missions

• Blackfathom Deeps
    • GrglMrgl
      • Two additional gold nodes have been added.
  • King Gordok
    • Has been tuned to prevent players from winning the map by ignoring the side lieutenants.
  • The Sickly Gazelle
    • An additional gold node has been added to the right lane.
  • Made additional small adjustments to balance, Campaign, and Quest missions.

User Interface and Accessibility

• Restarting or exiting a match that would grant 0 XP will now skip the end of game screen.
  • Fixed some Mini, Talent, and Relic description bugs.
  • Fixed a number of tutorial bugs.
  • Fixed some bugs that would cause skulls not to be properly rewarded.
  • Fixed a number of visual bugs that occurred during the level up screen.
  • Fixed some aspect ratio bugs.
  • Fixed additional performance and polish bugs.

Beta Update 0.9.0.36189

May 27, 2022

• We are temporarily removing Valor and Talent bonus levels in PvP while we continue to build the matchmaking system. Talent powers themselves will remain in effect.
  • Fixed a handful of spells that were not dealing damage to towers as intended
  • Talent tuning, renaming, and bugfixes
  • Dungeon Relic tuning

Thank you for playing and giving us feedback!

9 Likes

Hi, could we get more detailed patch notes in the future. as much as “talent tuning” is great for a TL:DR more indepth notes with the mechanical value adjustments would be much more informative maybe as a second post. For example “Base damage changed from 1.2 to 1.3”

3 Likes

This can kill people’s motivation to play certain minis or spells though. If you see your favourite spell being “nerfed”, it’s just not fun.

I’m a fan of keeping the values secret. :+1:

2 Likes

I disagree there is pleanty of evidence about open patch notes being healthy for games, some of the most popluar games such as league of legends, world of warcraft and fornite have patch notes with full value adjustments.

It also won’t stop ‘hardcore’ players as they are likely to use 3rd party sites where the values will be datamined. meaning those who only read the offical forums for patch notes will be disadvantaged compared to the more hardcore community.

It also won’t stop a meta forming as if players see certain units or spells performing well they are likely to attempt to emulate those builds, taking the ‘good’ spells or minis and if your spell or mini was nerfed and is under performing your way more likely to bench it in place of abilities that win matches.

It can also have the reverse effect of what you suggested, where you find your favourite mini or spell being buffed motivating you to play more.

Finally I would add that just beacuse they don’t tell you your mini or spell was nerfed doesn’t mean you won’t find out when your using your favourites and notice them under performing, it just means that you’ll find out during play rather than before play potentiually throwing a match if the nerfs are great enough.

4 Likes

I would say detailed patch notes would be a great thing when the game is released. However, there is potentially so much in the air at this point that it really doesn’t matter if you know the nerf is something like 1.2 or 1.3.

All of the things you mentioned will happen and already are happening. 3rd party sites to gain an edge will pop up, if they haven’t already. A meta will form, that’s just the way games are played. And there are already several youtube channels popping up to discuss every bit of minutiae for a game that is only in Beta in one country.

I’m sure they will have detailed patch notes upon release. This is not some small indie company. It’s Blizzard. They’ve done this a few times.

2 Likes

The worst thing that a game can have is stealth nerfs. Imagine playing and being surprised that your team is now broken because a mini/leader changed / was nerfed and you could not know in any way.

1 Like

Percisely :slight_smile: that’s why I requested more indepth patch notes.

I would love to just enjoy the game and not be shut down by some cookie cutter build because the values of those minis are just better.
I’m fan of how the patch notes are currently released.

Cookie cutter builds will happen reguardless of values being public.

I think the only reason they didnt realease actual tuneing numbers is because the game is still being balanced pre launch, so they dont want people to be building up a ‘meta’ because everything is still subject to alot of change and will likely be much different come launch, for now generic notes will be fine with me.

Yeah I’m just hoping they take on board what I spoke about so we can have some real patch notes, its pretty telling to me at least that this thread is entirely talking about should we have full patch notes or what we got rather than talking about the adjustments themselves.

When are you going to release some more beta accesses?

10 Likes

CELL PHONE - XIOMI REDMI 9C PLEASE… :pray:t2:

Thanks for the updated patch notes :slight_smile: Still no number values but this is way better than the last time ^^ It looks like your just posting what the devs are giving you though so… I guess thats upto them. I really like the fact the devs have little comments this time around its great to see where the devs are coming from. Keep up for good work :wink:

Never heard of this game before today. Im oddly intrigued. How do i get in on this beta?