Yet More Unit Feedback

Howdy,

I will preface this by saying that most models look absolutely incredible. Credit where credit is due - so props to the art team, you did an amazing job.
However, (and naturally) there are some small things that need to be ironed out, improved and altered. Here is a list of the glaring issues that I see and some suggestion:

Night Elf
• Female DH, looks fine, yet the voice acting is absolutely and utterly atrocious.
• Male DH needs his signature pandas on the hilt
• Archer pose is weird, she looks constipated.
• Illidan’s wings are far too large. His pants also need his signature red and gold trim.
• Wisp became another genderbending victim and is now female for some reason, let’s change it back to male as it was and is even in WoW.
• Mountain Giant looks broken…his head no longer looks like a head, more like an extrusion from his chest. It’s too far down.
• Hippogryph looks like a parrot - is way too colourful. The blue needs to be darker
• Similarly, the Chimera’s skin needs to be darker
• Dryad’s hair is a bit over the top
• Tyrande’s mount doesnt need the helm.

Human
• Footman looks way too “epic”. His shoulder pads are still too big and the helm is too aggressive/elaborate. The units needs some simplification
• Phoenix is far too skinny. Looks more like a serpent with wings.
• Kael’thas model admittedly is incredible. The stock Blood Mage on the other hand looks like a vampire from the 80s. The cape is needs to go around his arms and shoulders (it’s too thin at the moment). The cowl needs improvement as it looks like 3 arrows pointing upwards.
• MK needs horns on his helm as well as different hair colour. Currently looks like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.
• Jaina’s cape needs to be reworked. Don’t know why it’s split in two halves currently. Bonus points, her “chest area” needs to be bigger.
• Water elementals looks like jelly. I hope this gets fixed with some effects to make it looks like water.
• Stock Paladin still looks like Stalin. Hair needs to be reworked.

Undead
• Again, female voice acting isn’t great. Perhaps lose the axe too
• Summoning animation is too fast. The “arms” coming out of the platform holes makes it less sinister. In classic, with the arms reaching out from the ground, it gave the feeling that something terrible is reaching out from the beyond to the summon buildings. Now it looks like wavy skeleton scaffolding

Orc
• Peons look abnormal/malformed. The reforged model gave them a sort of hump which looks ridiculous. Similarly with the portrait, it’s too ugly and “scary”…In WC3 classic, they look goofy. The goofiness of them was perfectly complimented by their voice and tone. Let’s make the peons goofy again
• Thrall is too armoured. The armour on the front of the wolf would need to be removed.
• Shadowhunter’s glaive is too big. Would opt for a more traditional design (Rokhan’s one is perfect).
• One of The Great Hall’s roof tusks is chopped in half and no longer pointy (on the left side). Let’s make it pointy. (Pedantic point i know :slight_smile: )

Terrain
• Somehow, the terrain looks worse than the original. It’s more washed out and lacking detail

Cinematics
• Lastly, it looks like the Arthas vs Illidan fight scene will be done with in-game models rather than a full blown cinematic. It’s a bit disappointing as Blizzard have said that it was one of their biggest regrets making the game. For those defending this position by saying that they are a small team and/or don’t have the budget, I don’t think that’s a valid argument. We are all buying a product after all, spending money which will invariably contribute to their bottom line and profit. The said product should be of quality. This is one of the most highly anticipated and wanted “features” of said product.

5 Likes

I agree with everything here and I would like to add two more points.

1. Footmen, Grunts, other toons and especially ghouls have really silly looking stances when in combat. Humans had a defensive stance and so did grunts, now their arms are outward like a scarecrow. Ghoul looks like he is trying to scare a child with each attack. Please give these units back their attack postures or at least proper defensive stances in between attacks.

2. DK Male is coming out when?

there is a male dk already ingame. Ist random which gender u get.

hell no im so glad they got rid of these goofy panda glaives that never made any sense to begin with. Warglaives of Azzinoth look fantastic