Would WC3 Reforged Possible Have Expansions

Could there be a possibility of expansions with WC3R? WC4, though how painful it’s to admit, is probably never coming for a variety of reasons.

By having expansions on top of skins and DLC, they would solve some issues why WC4 is never coming, for example lore issues, high initial investment of a new game, etc.

I think it would be cool to retain WC3R and then have expansions that would add new units, building, items, heroes, maps or even a new race?

2 Likes

It’s definitely possible.

But considering this stage of gaming trends and money flow, not likely. It’s more a niche fan’s dream than a real possibility at this point. We’d have a better chance if some 3rd party studio were taking up the effort instead of Blizzard internal.

2 Likes

As I feared, and you’re probably right.

Expansions are usually dictated by sales.

‘If’ Reforged is successful financially then odds are we will see some form of future expansion. Probably in the form of additional missions and co-op play similar to SC2. No one knows how successful this game will be until after launch as many people avoid pre-ordering these days.

4 Likes

Yeah, the IQ is dropping with each passing year. Not putting your money in Blizzard is stupid.

On the topic, I am against both WC4 and expansions that bring new units/heroes/races to melee. I am in support for skins and campaigns. Does not kill WC3, has little risk.

It is entirely possible that new campaign DLCs could be created, similar to StarCraft II with its Nova campaign DLC. These could represent events in World of Warcraft or Warcraft I/II in a way to pad lore for World of Warcraft fans.

4 Likes

Even though youre technically right, the SC Remastered didnt get any new content though, and this is our best point of reference

2 Likes

Well StarCraft Remastered already had the next base game so it was stupid to make a dlc for it,but on the other hand Warcraft 3 never got any new titles after Frozen Throne so it’s a possibility imo

3 Likes

I hope so, but either wow story after TFT ( im not wow player and i dont rly follow the story after the TFT ) or a new campaign but not wow story related? ( like spin off, co op ( tower defence but with heroes and units only, or kill the boss kind of games ) like custome games, not original story related.

about the skins, i pray its all w3 related, im not here for christmas/ candy/ toy, mech look of the heroes, IN HOTS is ok, but not in W3.
i hate this X_https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwDhok80ncc4U5Y876EOwVkv5u7N1nsnoVx714TWWzsRcpAmoE

1 Like

SC2 exists so the remaster was exactly what they said it would be. Warcraft 3 is the only RTS for this franchise so it would make more sense to add additional features…subject to it making sense financially.

1 Like

Curious, what do you think is an acceptable skin?

What about Altered Fate skins like Betrayer Malfurion and Shan’do Illidan? Or Hellhammer Thrall and Hellblade Samuro?

1 Like

im ok with those looks, my point is, those skins needs to be realistic and logical in the W3 universe, im not here for futuristic modern look, or instead of horse they add a car…

2 Likes

I agree, for the most part.

I don’t think something so out-there will be used in WC3R, the way HOTS is open to practically anything. HOTS is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, while WC3 is a lot more rooted in fantasy. I would use WoW mounts and skins as a closer example of what to expect in WC3. That being said, I think a Judgement set Paladin skin would be pretty epic for WC3. It’s one of my favourite Uther skins.

As for futuristic stuff and cars, I could see Blizzard adding more easter eggs the way they added the space Orc, the SC2 Tauren Marine and the Cart Racers for their custom map. I don’t think they will go for skins though.

2 Likes

Was not Jaian announced as skin?