World Editor QOL Questions

I don’t like writing lengthy paragraphs, so I’ll get right down to the list.

1. Why do we still not have a line tool?
A fast and easy line tool. Start from one end and decide the direction you want the terrain or objects placed and have it all placed simultaneously in a clean line. Instead of using the standard brush and trying to hold a line where any sort of nudge or lag would create a bump that has to be undone, resetting your progress.

2. Why do we still not have a fill tool?
Same reasoning for the line tool! Fast and easy, fill an area that you’ve selected with the terrain or object you have selected. No more standard brush tool nonsense.

3. Why do we still not have a pathing tool?
Pathing blockers are OUTDATED. Custom editors have had pathing tools for years and they work just fine!

4. Why can we still not easily rotate buildings?
All we need to do is rotate the building model without having to turn it into a unit first. They are full 3D models, and I bet there are still people who have not seen the backside of standard buildings yet!

These are all QOL fixes that wouldn’t even take more than a few weeks to implement. I’ve been waiting more than a decade, come on – I’m ready!

I’m still wishing they’d add the ability to add more than 4 races to the drop down list like in starcraft 2.

They said we can never add more than 4 to the dropdown, so I am rewriting the game to be the same but with the ability to mod the dropdown.

Making progress, we’ll get there on time.

1 Like