World Editor Issues in 1.33

This patch wrecked the world editor. Spent months working on custom data on a map; after the patch trying to load the map crashes the editor.

Started a new map, and the editor is super laggy now when panning the camera around with lots of units present, which was never true before.

Using a default map with NO custom content, and still get warnings about missing particle fx on standard units/structures.

Started working on custom abilities, and the models for like 75% of the DEFAULT abilities and buffs won’t load, they just show warnings that popcornfx cannot find the files/stuff needs to be rebaked.

There have always been problems with the reforged world editor but now it has crossed the line from “workable” to “non-functional”. Please, please fix this. :confused:

6 Likes

You’re not alone, I have the same issues. Seems like they need to figure it out and fix the patch.

It’s been 26 days and no ETA on a fix for this or any of the numerous other bugs plaguing this patch. I understand manpower and resources working on this game might be low and thus fixes may take time, but why on earth has this patch not been rolled back in the meantime? The game is literally broken and there is no excuse for leaving it like this. :frowning:

Why are you assuming there are any resources working on World Editor? World Editor is not a supported feature unlike Ranked Ladder melee play. Your World Editor was broken in the patch last month and will stay broken forever probably, because you ain’t in charge.

Someone in the know gave an ETA that it will most likely be fixed sometime next year, if ever. So actually there is an ETA. This ETA was given by one of the people who worked on Reforged, but was eventually let go along with the old “Team 1” part of the company that did things. So, it’s just a rumor and a tired guy’s conjecture, but it’s better than nothing.

Cant edit damage table in gameplay constants without editor crashing.

Also, changing a summoned unit type in a summon ability has a messed up UI window making it very hard to select a unit.

TY blizzard

Just returned after a long pause to work on my custom map again and boom - crash while loading. When I open the Editor it says “Referencing unknown database field: ‘netsafe’ (UI/SkinMetaData.slk)” with nothing but the plain default map.
I hope this does get fixed.

This does not matter much. netsafe is a new column in various meta slk files, which decides whether a field modification in the object editor should go to the normal object modification file or another skin variant of the object modification file. The modifications therein should be able to be locally overwritten since they have no influence on the gameplay state that must be shared across different clients in multiplayer matches. UI/SkinMetaData.slk converts the game interface modifications, which does not become an object modification file nor requires the skin distinguishing because it only caters to skins. It lacks the netsafe column, therefore. They probably used a general mechanism that treats all the meta slks in the same way to try to read the netsafe column, which is why the message pops up, but it has no impact on saving.

If your map keeps crashing when trying to load it and you have no other backup, I suggest to visit the Hiveworkshop Discord server. We have tools different than the normal World Editor that can open the map if it’s not too structurally defective. In a couple of recent cases, there were particular assets like models imported in the map which the World Editor failed to load.

1 Like

Thank you very much for explaining.
I will have a look at the Hive Discord. My guess would be that some model could be the culprit since it crashes when loading doodads for the map, although it never happened before the update.

I sincerely hope they fix the world editor. I am completely speechless how they managed to literally destroy the best thing about wc3 with their newest worthless patch.

Same here, even in 1.3.4, it cannot open the unfinished project.

Updated to 1.35.0 and it still crashes when trying to load a map with imported models

1 Like

It’s been 2 years and they still can’t fix this mistake? Has anyone found the answer? It is impossible to fully make your own maps with such a problem. It’s very “cool” that I didn’t return the money for the game, believing that Blizzard knows how to fix critical bugs and problems, but they can’t do anything other than censorship in World of Warcraft and introducing additional genders in Overwatch.

I agree. At the time of the release of Reforged, the game had technical support, which regularly dealt with the technical part of the game and patches were released every month. And now patches are released at best once every six months and do not have technical fixes, but instead constantly change the balance in online matches! And we paid money for that? It’s just a shame for Blizzard!

My map editor still crashes when im trying to load a map with HD reforged graphics and imported assets. I also get a popcorn FX error all the time when playing with the editor. Its been a year and no fix in sight aside the ‘‘just play in SD’’ wich defeats the purpose of making a map with HD settings.