World editor crashes?

What have they changed these last few months?
Now whenever I try to play my created maps, the game crashes on loading screen.
My maps worked fine 2 months ago.

I can still open them in the world editor and everything seems normal there.

But as soon as I actually try to play my maps poof crash.

They are patching the game every now and then without providing a changelog…
Who knows what’s happening.
No one seems to care anymore…

Could be memory related. Make sure your system is not running out of video memory or system memory. Reforged assets are very memory intensive and custom maps with diverse asset content can push over 4 GB of video memory and 6+ GB of system memory, for the client alone. When both world editor and the game client are open that memory usage doubles due to assets being duplicated between the applications.

How do I prevent this?
I have 16GB of system memory and 6GB of video memory.
How do I prevent a crash?

Try running classic graphics as a test. Both in World Editor and in game.

another option posibly would be to run the editor with classic graphics and the game with reforged graphics. video memory can not be upgraded directly but, system memory can. not that i have ever experienced the game using that much system memory. video memory is more likely to be the problem if you run out of memory. if you have a laptop however, video memory is fairly locked, though system memory can usually be upgraded. this is however not the right forum for support requests, as those belongs in the support forum.

Can you use your editor? mine is gone…

You can start it from within the BattleNet application.

Well i could not, there was no buttom for that.
I had to reinstall and then click on the editor in the folder.
And then when the app launched, the buttom magicaly apeared.

Heres what it had:
Shop Warcraft III.
Patch Notes.
Forums.

And that was it, and there was no info to find about the problem.
even the reinstall did nothing, only after using the “editor” icon did something happen,

1 Like

I have the same problem, this time the 1.33.0 patch. I tried to open the edited custom campaign map, but suddenly it crashed.