Will the Classic Harpies get censored?

or will they be turned into flying bowls of fruits?

2 Likes

This is not wow. I doubt they do anything like that and even if they do you can just change it using local files.

My bet is they’d be turned into censored flying fruit bowls with optional male bowls for the whole community to feel comfortable. Oh, and a year later they’ll release a comic confirming the bowls were gay all along.

8 Likes

if they get censored, they will likely just get bras.

Well they’ve already censored some parts of the game such as dialogue (something from the dread lord and the “I’m so wasted” joke)

Absolutely pathetic

1 Like

yes, that was on release. But the sound-files are still there, just not used.

One can add this lines back with local files. ui\Soundinfo\unitacksounds.slk

I kinda think it was/is bad handling of the new teen mode, instead of taking them away from the non teen version they should have made a censored version in the teen mode.

They are going to put Coco bras on him and then Rexxar is going to do two more genociders talking about “They cause too much death” while he and his race destroy entire civilizations because well … they are orcs and they can’t handle themselves.

And in the end the employees will bless to say that this is his point of view. If you are born of the “violent” race you will be yes or yes violent.

At first I thought this topic might just be a joke, especially with the game being almost two years old and with no signs of active development. But seeing as how they are censoring things in WoW (the bowl of fruit reference) and making things more “inclusive”, it’s possible there could be some kind of further censorship of this game if or when they work on it again.

But censoring classic graphics seems less likely, as the whole point of having a classic graphics option is to view the graphics as they were originally. Diablo 2 Resurrected didn’t censor the classic graphics did it? Also older graphics are less detailed so exposed skin doesn’t stand out as much, especially in a top-down view RTS game.

The classic Harpy Queen already wears a bra. If anything they could put that same kind of bra on the other classic harpies, but again they shouldn’t even have to do that.

Yeah they already did (unnecessary) censorship with this game at release anyway, no need for more. They also made children villagers invulnerable by default so that they can’t be killed. But good to know that the voice lines are still there and can be added back.

None of this stuff is really even inappropriate for someone 13 and up, especially with kids playing mature games or learning mature stuff earlier and earlier. Even the “I’m so wasted” joke is vague enough to be interpreted in different ways and is only a vague reference to sex at worst.

What’s happening with WoW is definitely more because of woke culture and the sexual harassment scandal. But it may come off as a “new teen mode” that is more like for kids 10 and up or even younger. But they probably want to appeal to younger gamers and therefore be appropriate for them anyway.

1 Like

So they will put 2 bras^^
Reforged logic^^

1 Like

Yeah if they want to take the lazy way out and copy/paste something on all the harpy models, either because they don’t notice or don’t care. The sad thing is I could totally see that happening, and adding lower undergarments while they’re at it like the Reforged and WoW harpy models have.

If they actually wanted to censor classic models though it could go beyond harpies. You mentioned deflating the Sorceress in another topic. There’s also Female Villagers, Naga Sirens and maybe even the Sylvanas/Ranger heroes that they could conceivably want to deflate or cover up more.

Elf… Night Elf… Flat Elf…

If you mean high elf female villager, I meant that to be lumped in with female villager. High Elf and Night Elf archers could be deflated yes, but they aren’t really any more revealing than Reforged Night Elf archers. Most other Night Elf units aren’t really any worse than their Reforged counterparts which would be ironic to censor.

1 Like

I mean they should probably make another race, or even another game when they can add all kind of en-vogue stupidity and leave this game in peace once and for all.
It is so pitiful…

1 Like

I don’t really see anyhing in war3 being changed.

I can understand changing something specific in a game if there were actual complaints about it, but if something isn’t bothering people there’s no reason to change it, PC or not.

The only reason for them to not change anything more is because they don’t care anymore about the game…

…and I guess we wish they didn’t care even 3 years ago…

1 Like

Yeah I was just saying what might happen if they did. If they wanted to do that with this game, the time to do that would have been when the Reforged models were being made like they did with the Diablo 2 Resurrected models. Changing Reforged models now and over no complaints would be ridiculous. The classic models should be left alone regardless.

That’s exactly why they would do it^^

and don’t forget: more footprints…