Will Reforged support DirectX 12?

I know Warcraft 3 originally supported DirectX 8, but for Reforged it’s time to move on and support latest tech stack.

yo i have directx 12 and it says it is not initializing at the start and does not play

warcraft 3 is coompatible with direct x 9. it would be more important for the new version to support direct x 11 as more systems have that.

I hope it won’t be like starcraft lotv, they promised better perfomance and after patch 4.0, other people and i started to have drops under 20 fps on lowest and other people with geforce 1080 and i7 complained on forums for 30 fps drops. While in hots i had 60 min, on high end pc… I have 1 fps in starcraft 2 on maps when i have 60 in warcraft 3… Blizzard games use trash engines, even in wow raid people complained and overwatch nothing special. You have to have at least 180 fps to be able to see person, when are you looking around. And it runs barely on 60. Hope it will not be crap, i am kinda bored and want to host my favorite custom games from warcraft 3, but i head some map broke and crashes and leavers, so i probably wont buy it, blizzard is trash…

Lol What!? Ok, now I don’t particularly care for Overwatch, but this statement is absolutely false. You most certainly don’t need the game to run at 180 fps to be able to see anything. This comment alone makes your whole argument suspect. Besides the fact that SC2 runs absolutely smooth for me. Maybe your rig isn’t as high end as you think.

what hardware do you have then?

They’ve just enabled WoW to support DirectX 12, so it’s entirely possible this could happen for WC3R.

Won’t let me include links, but there is a News article on the nVidia site confirming this.