Will Reforged Have Built In Map Protection?

I really hope it will have a strong built in map protection system. So we have the option to save as protected.
But I’m curious does anyone know if this has been confirmed as a feature?

2 Likes

There has been no confirmation, but I’d figure they will implement a system similar to SC2, since Warcraft 3 will be moved to the modern Battle Net system as well. As in, you log in with your Battle Net account and all your maps are then tied to your account. Perhaps they then give an option to make an open-source map for everyone to look at and edit.

Not possible because the entire concept of “map protection” is a joke to begin with. If Warcraft III can load the map then anyone can modify it.

What would be nice is better authentication and verification so that fake, stolen or cracked maps are more easily spotted. However with this some of the freedom map makers have to upload content might be removed like with StarCraft II.

No map protection was definitive to solve the hacker problem since war3 release until today. This is the restless, eternal battle of devs vs hackers, the real war of the ancients. But since night elves could get a 10000 years “rest” period after defeating the first attack of the legion, i think we can hope for a map protection that lasts for that long too. Maybe it’s just a futile hope, but yet, It remains…