Why isn't it sold as Early Access?

The unplayability of Reforged is an essential feature of the game that goes unmentioned on the official site. If false advertisement isn’t okay, then this shouldn’t be okay either.

It isn’t appropriate to sell it as a finished product, when it clearly isn’t. It would help to protect innocent souls from being victimised by Blizzard till it’s actually finished.

Since it gets shamelessly treated with monthly patches that are adding more bugs, the development could take up to 2 years or even more till the game reaches an acceptable state that will probably still be a joke, when compared to the playability of the classic version.

16 Likes

Would the label change really satisfy you or leave you content? Or is it just something you can personally use as ammo to go ‘haha see’ with?

2 Likes

I just feel like it isn’t appropriate to sell it as a finished product, when it clearly isn’t. It would help to protect poor souls from wasting money till it’s actually finished. If false advertisement isn’t okay, then this shouldn’t be okay either, since the unplayability of Reforged is a big feature of the game that goes unmentioned on the official site.

8 Likes

The only thing that would satisfy me is if reforged actually became a good game in a month or two. I refunded thanks to the opportunity Bliz presented, but I still check here every once in awhile to see if any progress has been made.

I always leave disappointed

4 Likes

You might find your personal timeline might conflict with current events.

1 Like

It won’t matter if the game is fixed tomorrow, or next month (present circumstances notwithstanding). The goodwill Bli$$ard built up since the mid 90s is gone. Warcraft 3 was trending up the past few years; this failed release has driven away whatever new or returning players would have otherwise stayed.

Think about it. Even if the game is eventually good within a year (a more realistic timeline, given the virus affecting things and how small the dev team is), who’s still gonna be around to play it? People like Grubby have had to trudge through technical issues or try to get that 3rd party ladder working. Casual players are basically “lol screw this” and have already moved on. I’m finally almost done with the campaign and have no desire to try to find a custom game that no one’s playing, or try 1v1 with 300 ping. Basically, first impressions mean a lot.

People are gonna go play AoE2:DE or that C&C remake. Or they’ll go to other genres. People are gonna remember that this game was so bad, and they’re not gonna come back. Maybe, just maybe things might become sustainable, but this is the worst missed opportunity in gaming history. This could have revitalized the WC3 scene, both casual and hardcore. Could have given a 17+ year old game new life for the foreseeable future, and turned around a company in which people were starting to lose faith (Blizzcon 2018). Instead, literally the exact opposite happened.

6 Likes

There is also the issue of how disastrous it all was. So we can assume that in some way this will cost apart Silver.
Bone is not an Indi that in two years of cheap work ends up recovering. Because total is almost more a Hobby than a business.
This has the models of another company that still lack models and the program somehow goes more backwards than forwards. Not to mention that with each patch you lose the sab of the campaign. Of a game that is among other things famous for its Campaign.

What I’m going Not only is it difficult for it to heal and it will take a long time. But it seems that apart will be expensive.

And I keep wondering why they don’t just put the old client on new graphics.

1 Like

I work from home, my brother works from home, my uncle, my aunt, my dad, my step-mom, my step-sister ALL work from home. I know for a fact my productivity and that of my brother’s doesn’t decrease…why can’t Blizzard employees be held to the same standard? It isn’t hard to sit in front of a computer and get work done…hey guess what, that is what I do at work AND translates 100% the same to being at home.

Your white knighting isn’t uncommon on these forums, it is pretty funny though.

2 Likes

Same here…

I don’t know. Neither did I say or even begin to imply they can’t. I just said that current events really throw a wrench into any sort of timeline.

I mean it used to be even more common but that faith in this product has been kind of wavering and on the decline (but not gone entirely) since… last fall? Summer even? A lot of “so uh when’s this beta happening since the end of the year’s rolling up real quick on that first draft release date”.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/carolkinseygoman/2017/10/12/why-ibm-brought-remote-workers-back-to-the-office-and-why-your-company-might-be-next/amp/

Has nothing to do with COVID19, but collaborative jobs are more effective in the office than out. That’s why IBM called back their employees, why Google and others have never had mass telework programs. They are not just data entry jobs or call center jobs where you just need a laptop and a phone. You need bigger resources/machines and not just that you need people working together.

Doesn’t excuse Reforged shortfalls. But productivity at all of these companies (not just Blizzard) will drop. I’ve seen it at my company…you don’t go from 0 telework to 100% telework and expect things to be exactly the same.

Especially studios working on upcoming games for PS5 and XboxX, you think they have enough dev kits to send home? Realistically expect a decent amount of push back on release dates in the next year. Console, chip/GPU, laptop, etc. expect shortages on all of them also.

1 Like

You can even access bigger resources from remote, that’s not the problem where I work. The real thing that is missing is to have people in your room sharing constructive distractions. That’s what I missing now tbh…

Depends on what kind of resources your talking about. I have plenty of machines I can’t access remotely that I need to do things.

Well, if you need physical access like a chemistry lab or a 3D printer I can understand, but we got all the clusters and servers accessible via vpn here. Can’t you just ask for some kind of remote access to them?
(I know a company that does wonderful browser interfaces to access remote services that are even heavier than the program you have to run!^^)

1 Like

I have some physical problems (bunch of Jetson boards that I need to physically connect to flash etc.) but my biggest problem (which I assume game studios might get into depending project) is protected data/systems. Data is not allowed to leave those machines/rooms/etc, so no remote option for security.

Nice scenario you unwillingly assigned to him.

Dude. Jam it directly into your head. Something you pay for is released and does not work. There is something wrong with YOU if you deal with that. Not others. Arrogant.

1 Like

I think the main reason for why the game is forced on everyone - even those who didn’t pay - is because Blizzard in the start gave money to the project and had full trust that the game will be 100% working, which led to them destroying old systems such as the statitics of players that had copy on their website, so that now the game cannot be anything else than what it was seppouse to be since the links are dead and the systems no longer exists, only one problem, they pulled back money from the project midway development and caused anything other than the models to lose it’s funding, causing the new version to be barely playable. And now we are all stuck untill Blizzard invest money again into fixing it, if they even ever do it.

I wasn’t assigning, only asking. Calm down friend.

I haven’t played the game in a solid month between generic online lag, custom game desyncs, and the save file/campaign progress rollbacks.

Encrypted HD could partially solve it, but anyway, can’t see any better solution…
Sorry for you

Sure, they can work from home.

But either way, the game would never suddenly turn a leaf and become good in just one or two months, as was suggested. Even if they scrapped all of reforged and reinstated the original game. It would still be a mess considering all they’ve done to it over the past year or so.