Why is everyone complaining?

I launched WC3 a few years ago and really wanted to love the nostalgia but the graphics really got to me, so dated. Now we have a new version that fixes it yet leaves us with the good parts of the old version, which is most of it. So that’s awesome.

The only thing I wish is that there was an option to remove 12 unit selection limit… I don’t care, I’m more of a casual player, which is why I want it… that’s more fun, switching between groups is just annoying. But I know that’s controversial.

And yes, they could’ve done better UI, for example, starcraft style post-match score graphs. But it’s definitely an improvement over the original.

What do you wish was in there that isn’t? Because I hear lots of complaints, but haven’t heard anything specific.

3 Likes

If you haven’t heard “any specific” , maybe you must take a look at this forums.

Basically, we want what was promised. All that this greedy guys cut off of the game.

This “Reforged” its just an very expensive graphic mod, nothing else.
And it isnt a complete mod, because the terrain its the same **** that 15 years ago.

16 Likes

I am not satisfied by the look of the terrain textures, the rest is kinda ok. But the terrain is horribly bad.

5 Likes

Maybe its because mg was made too cheap and they didnt listen my (expert) feedback on that.
x_https://imgur.com/gallery/qm8bU1k

1 Like

people on these forums complain mostly about everything. In fact, there has not been one thing they have not complained about since 2018, and most of them complain just to complain.

Rather just enjoy the game by yourself and with your friends don’t let this community effect your opinion, they are toxic as hell.

But If you want specifics on the complaints of the forum in the last two years They are kind of as follows:

2018:

1. Some people disliked the way the culling was done, and even though you won’t see it in the forum now, most complained about the wow retcon and the direction they were heading.
  2. People were excited for the cut scenes that blizzard was doing, and there was little complaining to do with the actual cut scenes.
  3. The graphics looked good to most people.
  4. Then there was Silence for a year from Blizzard, which caused massive and (Rightfully so) outrage from the community.

2019:

1. The UI of 2018 some people like and would like to see within the new reforged release, Blizzard has not said if this was cut along with other features causing people to freak out.
  2. People are unhappy about the selection limit and want it changed.
  3. Cut scenes is a big one…though a lot of misconception is spread through the forums. Currently it is unknown what is going on with the cut scenes, but people freak out over this as well, because Blizzard is no longer doing it the culling style. We currently have no idea what blizzard is actually doing cut-scene wise or what it will look like.
  4. Voice overs were cancelled as were retcon for wow. Some people hate this, other love it, and some like me would have liked an option for both.
  5. Terrain needs a lot of work, and is not up to standard. (people prefer the 2018 demo version’s terrain, shaders on units, and buildings)
  6. People also complain that Blizzard is false advertising, which is not incorrect, because they are using 2018 demo footage, which most of has been cut from the game.

Then there is the performance issues and net issues that people complain about.
That’s about it for reasonable complaints, other people just mostly complain for the heck of it, and you see plenty of threads stating the same thing over, and over, and over again, made by similar people with the same other people liking their comments, and spreading more hate in the community. The last two years have been nothing but complaints, and anytime anyone is positive they are looked at as fools by the community.

So again, play with your friends, wait for release, stay far away from this community.

12 Likes

because the games performance and optimization is beyond horrible.
also they downgraded the graphics from what we saw in blizzcon demo.
they have exactly ONE forum mod active here which is posting like one time every 2 weeks, so theres like no communication at all.
plus the menus work and look awfull, disconects all day long, low fps, screen freezes when scrolling minimap, matchmaking is broken and u need like 5 trys to find a match, matchmaknig with no region lock leading to high ping matches vs chinese, black/cluscreens, client runs like a potato and crashes at least once every hour for whatever the fck reason, chat window sucks bigtime…
the list of game breaking issues is endless.

to say it short:
game runs like sht. game looks like sht. and they asked 30$ for what? new models which do not even work properly on high end machines.

10 Likes

People overhyped something and now they realized “oh waits its blizzard” …

6 Likes

if within the next 2 weeks leading into release there wont be a big major patch somehow magically fixing the most basic of basic things in this mess, ea: making the game properly playable (not even talking graphics), than this release will get ripped apart in reviews and youtube aswell.

in its current state, you just cant whiteknight this.

wc3 TFT sitting on 9.0 userscore metacritic, i wonder what reforged will look like, lmao

1 Like

People still not grasping reforged is just a different name for remaster lol

2 Likes

Ladder, a built-into-World-Editor model editor (even if it’s very simple cutting, dragging, and dropping), all/most units getting a second pass on team colour (some could use it a pinch more), tauren to look a little more like older Warcraft tauren (a little more monstrous, a little less bovine), and hand animated cutscenes (even if they aren’t going to do any rewrites).

1 Like

It has been established countless times here that this was not supposed to be just a remaster. There were supposed to be several modifications to the game that simply made reforged an upgrade rather than a remaster. For example:
New campaign(s) (cut)
Changes to world editor functions
New voicelines (cut)
Completely remade cutscenes (cut)
Modified maps
Several other minor features like unit cap. in some modes, etc.
This changes the game beyond the scope of a remaster.
And no. That does not mean that it is a remake. It was supposed to be something in between. Unfortunately, much of such content was scrapped, and much of what was not scrapped (like graphics) is in many instances non-functioning or unsatifactory (which is an opinion that we can express since we have freedom of speech).
Do you understand?

Sometimes I feel like a teacher in a class full of kids suffering from ADD.

4 Likes

“Why is everyone complaining?”
“Sometimes I feel like a teacher in a class full of kids suffering from ADD.”

Ohh, snap now I remember why I should not come into the forums, weird people lurk here. I only came to share my hype which I already did elsewhere, so…
Bye!!!

@FlyingHusky obviously you have not tried beta, and experienced the horrible builds the Devs have given us, we only hope the Devs have something up their selves or this is going to be a horrible release, so you must be new.

3 Likes

Wait wait wait, they canceled new voices they promised??
What about cinematics? I really wanna see Grom vs Mannoroth…

New voices and cinematics were why i bought this…

Campaign will just be carbon-copy of the old one, and cinematics will just be uprezzed.

Might aswell just play Classic.

Are you 100% sure??? Dude i can not believe i bought this… I regret so hard now.
Sadly, i bought game after delay scandal so no refund for me :angry:

scandal lol

It’s so weird. A president can be a scam artist that get’s nothing. But a game getting delayed A MONTH Makes more outrage…

I am afraid it is true. This is why people are so enraged. We were promised a lot of content and a lot of it got scrapped. We are left with a graphical update and a few new features. And the graphics are not as great as in the demo in 2018 blizzcon. Not even by far. I cannot speak for the actual technical part because I did not preorder and therefore did not get beta access, but from what I have heard all over the forums… I am worried a lot.
If You are here mainly for the campaign and story like I was, then You can only look forward to some new models, effects, animations etc. Mostly. And even those are not very good but that is just my opinion. Maybe we will at least be able to play better looking custom games.
Sorry.

This was really good opportunity for them to make this game even more better but meh… I actually love gameplay so its fine but, it could be better…
The graphic does not concern me at all tbh, i prefer they focus on fixing those fps drops for amd users and this terrible 30hz moving animations…
Some of new models are really good, some are not… Lets hope this game will get love and attention after release…

1 Like