Which patch should I "downgrade" to and where can I get it?

I didn’t buy Reforged. I just tried to play the game normally and it started an update. I clicked “cancel” and it seemed to load fine, but I decided to exit for some reason before playing at all. When I tried to play again it wouldn’t let me play without updating and the update stopped at 65%. Apparently I have to go through the Battlenet program and download 27 GB of Reforged data that I don’t want.

My plan now is to reinstall from the disk and manually apply an old patch. I’m only playing single player anyway. The problem is I don’t know which patch is best or where to get it. I want to get the latest patch before they forcibly rearranged game files. But I don’t know which patch that is as none of the patch notes seem to describe that at all. I’m guessing the patch I want is 1.26a released in 2011, but I’m not sure. I also want to avoid the inventory glitch in the campaigns, but I think that’s pretty recent anyway. I also want to make sure that The Founding of Durator campaign is installed and I recall there being separate full and incremental patches depending on whether you already had that. I also don’t know which website I should get it from. Some websites are offering the same patch file with different file sizes, which is very confusing.

I’m also interested in StarCraft: Brood War’s 1.16.1 patch.

1 Like

1.27b
h ttps://gaming-tools.com/warcraft-3/patches/

1 Like

Thanks. I also noticed this in the patch notes on that website for 1.28:
“Data migration now removes the need to run as admin to access saved games”

Yes, you want 1.27b. Just don’t click the Battle Net button.

Hey, 1.27b is the last version you can patch up to before you are forced to install the Reforged Client. Fortunately you can find entire builds above this version on the internet.

Check out this thread: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

2 Likes