Well ... we're waiting

I’m hedging my bets on the 800 Customer Service and Marketting people they laid off after Blizzcon.

Maybe not the only reason, but certainly one of the big ones for why we’re not getting website or Blue Post updates from any community managers.

2 Likes

That certainly didn’t help.

But anyone can take a hour or less out of the day to post updates.

2 Likes

Yes, but who? The classic team doesn’t exactly have a staff of interns available to do that stuff…

Also, if they post anything, I’m sure everyone would start attacking them about the bad balance or the game dropping custom maps or something like that. I’d rather just wait for the big update.

1 Like

With screenshots we cant attack them but give feedback.

Now when the gameplay does come eventually then its “dev crushing” time.

So might aswell release a quickshot photo of anything behind the scenes.

2 Likes

I agree, at this point small chuncks of infos thrown every week is pointless, if they wanted to do that, they would have started it on December 2018.

I am waiting for a short YouTube update on WC3R from our favourite Malaysian developers, possibly before september 2019 lol

1 Like

Why would screenshots be worthless?

Honestly anything other than news from BlizzCon 2018 would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Not exactly new, but what about this?

6 Likes

There hasn’t been many comments about kodo beast, good idea.
I didn’t check the original model, but from what I see now, this one looks very faithful and definitely has a Warcraft 3 vibe. I like it.

3 Likes

Because they need to reignite the hype with a small YT trailer before finally start to update us weekly with screenshots

2 Likes

As in this small mouth large objects are placed?

1 Like

Honestly I just wait for the next patch. I don’t mind waiting for Reforged if they release amazing product.

1 Like

What info has been released since Blizzcon?

And yes this is a concern because they have the game avaliable for Pre-Order. If they put the game on hold then they owe everyone who pre-ordered their money back.

If by January 1st 2020 they haven’t released the game, sure.

2 Likes

A whole year to Pre-Order a game?

That is how purchasing Reforged currently functions, yes.

Bob Marley riding kodo beast , its awesome !

2 Likes

Maybe it unhinges its jaws like a snake. I really wonder how animations will be handled with this more realistic approach. I have a feeling they’re just gonna have a unit disappear with the Kodo doing a regular ‘realistic’ chomp animation. I really want the War3 cartoony muppet jaws to come back here.

Look over here. You still can download the classic Warcraft 3 if you have purchased the newest Warcraft 3. You can download the classic Warcraft 3 from down here.

agreed. they should “leak” at least something… for example visual art, sketches, screenshots for every unit lets say every second week.

1 Like

With all due respect to all the people on this forum, if you’re not aware Blizzard’s philosophy going forward is to not interact at all if possible with customers. You can see that from their self-service help setup they have for every one of their games, i tried using it, but the issue i wanted to contact a representative for was only redirecting to the forums, the only time i was able to contact someone, as in a real person was when i had issues with payment for a product…
That says a lot.

As for reforged don’t get me wrong, they’re allowed to do whatever they please in regards to their product, but I hope they won’t do a surprised pikachu face if I’m just gonna be highly skeptical until i see it done. On the bright side you could think something along the lines of “It’s a remaster + remake elements, the game’s for the most part been done for a long time, how could they possibly screw it up?”

But then I remember that in the blizzcon pannel when they did comparisons between classic warcraft 3 and reforged they disabled shadows on the old versions and i’m like sitting there in disbelief thinking “are you guys for real? Warcraft 3 is a great game, everyone knows that and the remade cinematic and few art pieces and models we got to see in the 10 minutes since you’ve walked up on stage looked great yet you still felt like you had to embellish the showing? Is that how little faith you have in your own work?”
You guys surely seen this before - YouTube

1 Like