We want news Blizz

Looks like blizz should stop announcing games on blizzcon cause obsessed spoiled brats cant wait one f****ing year for the game to release.
Wtf are you doing with cyberpunk.

3 Likes

https:// cdn . discordapp . com/attachments/311662737015046144/559370853532434433/unknown . png

All of this stuff is more reforged back-end.

Wait april, everyone calm down.
I got an inside source
Stay positive, huge changes are coming, for our good ofc :slight_smile:

yeah and my dad works for Nintendo

4 Likes

Good for you, it’s always nice to have an inside sauce.

5 Likes

sounds yummy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

Does no one remember Fallen Sky? Like there’s a reason people are sceptical over pre-order games with very few details. Sorry that I want to know what I’m putting money on before I buy it. Do you go to the grocery store, look at a box of cereal that’s literally just a cardboard box with a big “?” written on it, and think, “Yeah, that’s what I want today!”

In the age of crowdfunding and permanent-beta games, it would be nice if at least the AAA studios could provide concrete details on what they’re offering. Nintendo does it, for a lot of major titles Sony and Microsoft do it. I can understand indie studios having these issues, as their budgets are a lot tighter and they don’t have a lot of infrastructure, but Blizzard-Activision has been around for decades man. This really isn’t excusable.

It’s that game we’ve been playing for 16 years but shiny.

1 Like

Except how do we know? Literally show me where. We’ve seen Culling of Stratholme and that’s it, and it’s literally not even similar to the original map. I’m not saying the change is good or bad (imo its bad to remove all the easter eggs like the zoo, but that’s another debate). The point is, they’ve shown us almost nothing that looks like the original, and that was back in the beta, which was based on the previous game so we can only (rationally) assume there will be further divergence from the original game.

If it was simply shiny, it wouldn’t be Reforged it would be Remastered, like StarCraft. You were one of the people flaunting that back in the Lore threads, so you shouldn’t try to backtrack now.

2 Likes

You’re thinking that I’m backtracking at all just to fit your narrative and fuel your own opinion, but okay.

Okay so, bear with me here my friend. While it’s not the de facto experience for everyone, it’s one of the big three. Gameplay is going to stay the same despite the visual overhauls. They’re keeping the same turn rates, attack speeds, backswing timers, and damage points. So overall, the melee/ladder is all going to be the same. Again, one of the big three.

I’m well aware of the mumbles, grumbles, and bemoaning the artstyle but this has always been it because of Samwise’s influence and how it really shaped the series after Warcraft 2 when he was art director for Warcraft 3. This has always been the Warcraft style, it’s just that now they’re able to model according to the art - cherrypicking small details aside like I’ve seen for the Reforged footman VS the 1996 art.

So this is like, the one point I’ll kinda give is that it’s not 1:1 except for the objectives and story. I don’t really understand holding the original map design up to a high standard and yet at the same time not understanding the other side of the coin where Warcraft fans, long-time or recent, are either -
A) Up to speed with the lore and accustomed to/accepting of current canon iterations.
B) Introduce via other means and interested in playing Reforged and would scratch their heads over geographical differences.

Like I totally get the perspective that World of Warcraft and other Warcraft media throughout years haven’t pleased some people, but Reign of Chaos came out in 2002, Frozen throne in 2003, and World of Warcraft in 2004. Warcraft 3 purists have had 15 years to lament the change (or try it) of the main platform from RTS to MMO and any/all changes that came with whether it’s narrative or aesthetic. Even then, it’s not like the Warcraft 3 experience is going anywhere. If Reforged isn’t for you, then don’t buy it. Don’t support it. Critique away, but there’s a point where it gets silly and isn’t criticism.

At some point the idea of ‘getting over it’ should enter a head or two. This is the weird kind of gatekeeping that’s still present in stuff that isn’t really too niche anymore or the audience has expanded.

Maybe I need a new prescription for my glasses, but so far all the orcs looked like orcs, humans looked like humans, and undead looked like undead.

The beta that isn’t out or available yet?

2 Likes

Your lore discussion was basically, whatever new things they plop down is good. Anything replaced is bad. But yeah, it’s just my narrative.

That’s literally not what I said, whatsoever. If you’re going to quote me, do it with context. You said that “It’s the game we’ve been playing for 16 years but shiny.” Your literal words, in context. I’m pointing out, by changing Campaign maps, a major part of the game for people like me, that’s by its very definition not the same game.

Would StarCraft be the same game if you never had the Kerrigan missions? Or what if Kerrigan got retconned so that she wasn’t stranded behind, giving her a vendetta, but that she chose to remain behind as an act of valor? Would that be the same story? No. Obviously not.

My argument with Stratholme is two-fold. Quoting from my Lore argument posts, by changing levels and the context with which lines are said, you are inherently making a new story. A similar story perhaps, but it’s not the same story. Whether that matters to you is another thing entirely, but it is fundamentally not the same game. Secondly, regardless of map design, easter-eggs from the original were put there on purpose by previous members of the design team. To remove them not only diminishes the flair of the Wc3 campaigns (Bye little Timmy), but also devalues the levels themselves. Kaels prison mission would not be nearly as fun if you took out the sheep puzzle, and the secret level it connected to.

If you want people to experience Wc3 and get into it in a new, shiny form, that’s fine. But don’t change the game itself, remove a sizeable chunk of its charm (that would be easy to up-res and keep in the levels) and then pretend it’s the same game. You might as well call EA’s Battlefront the same as the first two then.

Literally not even the argument here. But even so, WoW is WoW, Warcraft 3 is Warcraft 3. Your argument literally only works if this were going to be a Warcraft 4. Wc3 literally already exists. It’s story is literally already written. You can’t change that fact, and you’d think that over the last 5 months some people would realize that the story is already there, and I fail to see how giving Arthas a giraffe neck suddenly makes an already hyper-successful game in its own right less niche.

Maybe I need to get some glasses, because last I checked Warcraft already had a distinctive art style, and it was fairly easy for other games to up-res it while remaining faithful. But y’know, that’s just me. Arthas could have always been twice as tall as a footman, or Mal’ganis being twice as tall as a Knight. But maybe you’re on to something.

Sorry, Beta-Demo for Blizzcon.

2 Likes

It really is because my stance has never been (unless you can link me the thread or posts for me to go over) that the old lore is ‘bad’. I’ve never said anything about the quality (but could write an essay on stuff - big or small - from Cataclysm to the current World of Warcraft expansion) either way, just that they’re bringing the old-but-most-relevant RTS up to speed in the canon.

The Culling of Stratholme is still the Culling of Stratholme. Like if need be I can go back and rewatch streams/recordings of people going through it at BlizzCon, but I’m pretty sure it was all line-for-line the same. Probably the same sound files too, meaning no new script and the original voice actors and inflections. The city layout is different but canonically it’s still the same place having the same events happen in the same context.

Personally, this feels like an unfair or dishonest critique based on how brief things - whether it’s a sheep puzzle in a Blood Elf level or a hidden Hydralisk in a Night Elf level or what have you - appear in the map. Kind of undervalues the whole rest of the mission.

And yet, they’re all under the Warcraft umbrella. Just like how a Warcraft 4 would be.

I can’t but Blizzard can, which is what they’re doing. Ironing out kinks in the grand scheme of things. Whether it’s bringing Stratholme up to its current visual iteration or giving Jaina a bit more dialogue in the Founding of Durotar campaign.

I mean, I fail to see what that has to do with either the story you were just lamenting over or the success or shortcomings of a game, but go off I guess.

Yes and it’s maintaining it. There was a bigger leap from Warcraft 2 to 3 than there was from Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft. Warcraft Reforged, so far, looks like the cinematic style they’ve had for a long time but put into gameplay format.

This is a really weird hill to plant your banner down on and try to die on because in-game visuals have never been scaled “correctly”. They’re proportioned and sized for gameplay purposes (whether it’s mechanics or visual clarity). As an example, the Paladin hero is already almost twice as big as a Footman. Peasants build Farms with doors they can’t even fit into. Crazy, innit?

EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/Hm2Qi5S.jpg

Here is your news. Stop creating useless posts every single day…

_https://imgur.com/a/EdJxP3k

1 Like

Y’onow it kinda feels like you two are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
Nit picking at irrelevant details and going off on a tangent about the art style rather than dealing with the main point.
Which is basically trying to justify yet another “gimme news” thread.
And yet again the only real answer to it should be “ It’s perfectly reasonable to ask for information all things considered.
It’s not reasonable to spam the forums and pester the devs.

5 Likes

It’s not reasonable to go completely silent either. I don’t demand updates, reports, deadlines etc
As I said in my post, just a simple “We’ve been reading your feedback guys and an answer is coming soon™, just stay tuned”

I for myself (and I would wager a lot of people are like me) was really really REALLY hyped when this first came up and to see the hype die and make room for complaints about the game balance and bugs and generally just turning into a cesspool AND with the devs going AWOL on us it’s just… idk what’s the right word for it but it feels wrong.

3 Likes

shrug Sounds like a demand for a report if you ask me.

Anyways as said above, they are active with talking about a bunch of backend stuff. We know the game isn’t being cancelled and we know it’s still being worked on. We also know through the silence that there’s simply nothing to show.

My unpopular opinion is that people should just stop asking for it because it’s not going to amount to much.

People ask for a simple fix to Keepers and we got no dev response either, why should we expect any news at all until they’re absolutely ready to reveal?

I for myself (and I would wager a lot of people are like me) was really really REALLY hyped when this first came up and to see the hype die and make room for complaints about the game balance and bugs and generally just turning into a cesspool AND with the devs going AWOL on us it’s just… idk what’s the right word for it but it feels wrong.

Hyping yourself is wrong. I fully understand your situation being a Blizzard fan myself since the War2 days, but this is the reason why we have the silence. They don’t want to build hype so early. What do I mean by this?

They are working on a remake of War3, but not just a remaster, they want to change the game. This means this couldn’t just be a surprise announcement with 6-month release window like SC:Remaster, they needed to announce earlier so that they could get feedback on how people react to changes. So yes, their fault for hyping so early, but I think it was necessary on their part to gauge response.

So far, player feedback is a mixed bag. Not all of the news was received with open arms. The balance was met with praise at first, but tumbled into absolute chaos. I can see why they are hesitant to unveil any news and build any hype until they’re absolutely ready to announce a big update.

Think of it this way - They issue a response saying ‘updates are coming!’ and you are satisfied. But I can tell you with utmost confidence that 90% of the responses to that is ‘Fix the game’ ‘When are you gonna fix NE?’ ‘AT is still unplayable’ ‘Why are you not listening t us?’ etc.

If you take that possibility into consideration, then it should be easy to see why keeping silent is actually better for them. They aren’t building up any expectation for an update. They aren’t putting themselves in a position where they are unable to address issues directly. They aren’t in a position of weakness, which everyone already perceives them in. Any ‘simple’ reply is never simple. This is a lesson learned from WoW Public Relations.

You give the audience what they want to hear when you are ready to discuss with full transparency. WoW Classic team is doing this. They’re not just giving regular updates, they’re informing necessities. So why can’t Reforged do the same? Because Classic was not met with vitriol the same way Reforged has been with the latest patches. The perspective is different, and the majority is not looking for more reasons to get hyped, they’re looking for reasons to attack Blizzard and demand apologies.

Blizzard PR is like maintaining fire. They need to control it. You don’t add more fuel to the ones that are out of control. Same reason why there is absolute radio silence on Diablo Immortal.

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from and I feel it alright.
The silence is somewhat concerning and there’s really nothing to “stay tuned” to…but making a bunch of threads revolving around begging for news is not terribly productive either.

At the end of the day we’ve got better things to do.

I did not make “a bunch” of threads I made 1. If there are 1000 others like this one I don’t care as long as they are made by 1000 different people - it s not spamming it is a widely held opinion.

Except, there is nothing to control. How many people are there on this forum ? 500? 1000? 3000? What is 3000 peeps to Blizzard? Selling 3K copies of the game would not cover the salary of 3 janitors

2 Likes

How many people are there on this forum ? 500? 1000? 3000? What is 3000 peeps to Blizzard?

Then why do they need to make a response at all to such a small number of people who are asking about news?

We all know and expect a beta update in Spring. Spring just got here, and lasts 3 months. That’s a fair window for news to come.

2 Likes

Fair point. I would still argue that, while they aren’t “obliged” to give any response to the rising tide of complaints it would still be a show of professionalism and good-will to at least acknowledge if not address the situation.

1 Like