We deserved this

thats not true at all, the amount of refunds and bad reviews is hurting sales way more, which is bad for everybody

unless of course you never played the game before, if you bought reforged without owning the game previously, then you are to blame especially if you refunded

1 Like

Feeling the same way , not going to preorder another game (even if its from blizzard)

i thought that i can trust blizzard to deliver the product that advretised and still advretising on their website , but i guess i was wrong .

i refunded my copy and living a happy life since !

1 Like

I agree.

I know it’s a cliche to say to never pre-order, but I thought I could trust some companies with pre-order. It’s a mutually beneficial thing. Company knows they’ll have money, I have trust they’ll produce a good product. Blizzard was always a good company with games, pre-orders were always safe. Warcraft 3 was finally my final straw with all pre-orders.

1 Like

When people talk bads product from mouth to ear, is more effective than pre order. How can we got some info before internet? Magazine or demo test with friends or talk with them …

Nope.

It is not our fault and we did not diserve it.

But yeah, do not pre-order, not even Blizzard products lmao.

I’m currently contemplating switching from Blizzard and to a game from a developer, who is affiliated with EA.

Yes, I see the morbid irony myself…

Reforged looked cool at Blizzcon 2018 and we all know what that got us. So when you say Diablo IV looks cool now, don’t doubt that they will strip away all the features promised when it was announced and then blame you when you say you’re dissatisfied with the product.

1 Like

It is pretty obvious that there is less motivation to invest when you already made your money from the project. In a sense it is the players fault for falling for the same scheme over and over. Still it is Blizzards fault too. Just because you have a reason to do a bad thing doesn’t justify doing it.

3 Likes

That’s usual not how it works with pre-orders, it’s often reverse. I can’t think many people would pre-order a 18 year old game (compare to new games).

Blizzard probably saw how few pre-orders they got for reforged and decided it wasn’t worth the risk and all the spending, and decided from there.
To cut corners and cheaply outsource the little work they had left.

What you are talking about usualy only happens to small indie companies or “start ups” because they won’t care if they get backlash or ruin their image. They will just take the money and run away and start up a new company instead.

Keep in mind there were 0 pre-orders…welcome to gaming 2020 where all you can do is PRE-PURCHASE lol…I don’t do either btw, I did break my rule on buying week 1 and regretted it with all the desyncs and “match-found” bs. Let alone no profiles, no ranked, google chrome webapp

The way I see it, the work simply never got done in time and the decision was made not to postpone it forever (even when spearheading a project, you typically still answer to corporate overlords and the financial agendas thereof); that culminated with what we ultimately got.

Why do I think that? There are a number of pretty easy-to-find issues with the game, some even known and reproduced by the devs during the Beta. So it’s not like people were unaware, or uninterested. Even without speculating on the removed features, all in all, it wasn’t a polished product - which indicates it was, in fact, rushed. We also have pretty sizeable features… deferred to patches.

Those are all signs that development hadn’t been smooth sailing by a long shot, though we can only speculate as to why.

Chances are, the original commitment probably never included replacing the classic version, either; likely, that was made sometime in the development cycle, when it probably became clear that pairing classic and reforged players was too much of an undertaking (for any variety of reasons).

To me, there are plenty of hints that this was a rushed job, in a vein similar to how some other high profile games by some other AAA publishers end up released in a broken state, traditionally because of the requirement to reach key stakeholders’ primarily financial expectations.
But that’s just me. :man_shrugging:

What? No! How is it the fans fault they allowed the game to launch like this?! We didn’t ask for this.

You have it backwards op. They announced the game but it didnt get the attention they expected so they pulled a lot of funding to not lose money on the project.

However I think they didnt expect the amount of bad press theyre getting so hopefully they will work on fixing the game.

Have fun getting ripped off by EA. EA gouges money like a crack fiend stealing from their own family. Ever hear of SWTOR? Guess what it’s the worst free to play game ever, you need to spend money to enjoy it, why? They have core mmorpg features locked behind a pay wall, you can’t trade with other players or send mail without paying a penny.

Yes. Think of it like this: if you get paid before you do the work required, how motivated are you to do a good job?
If you know that there’s a paycheck waiting when you finish the work, and that the paycheck will be bigger if you do a better job, then you will be far more motivated to work hard!

Lots of people pre-purchased or bought after release Starcraft: Remastered.
You can’t judge very well based on pre-purchases because only the hard(er)-core fans do that. I think WC3 is great, but I didn’t pre-purchase, and I know a few others like that too.

1 Like

I mean if we deserve this then Blizzard deserves to be shut down for good and its higher ups barred from ever taking a position of leadership in the gaming industry for eternity.

I didn’t refund. I bought the game only because I loved WC III so much. I still like the game despite its many problems, the most important for me atm is that I can’t create custom maps yet.
@Predi yes it’s our fault because before pre-orders games used to be complete at launch, but now more and more games just release asap then get fixed later on. Not just blizzard does this.

Don’t worry they will sell them to you at some point and will most likely cost an arm and a leg.

2 Likes

I stopped preordering anything after NoManSky. Game Companies can lie and decieve to sell pre orders without repercussions. It’s a shame blizzard is taking such a greedy path.

I guess that’s what happeneds when game companies get big…