We cant play reign of chaos multiplayer anymore do something

Play Frozen Throne

11 Likes

It’s not unheard of.

Sometime around or after the 3rd expac for SC2 was released, the ability to play multiplayer on the 1st and 2nd expacs was removed.

4 Likes

Honestly RoC is just campaign now.

Multiplayer should be moved to TFT.

And work should be focused on RoC campaign only.

But TFT focus should be everything else.

4 Likes

That would kill WC3. Reforged is not must buy. What you’re suggesting would be.

On the topic, I really hope this is not the end of RoC. Would be shocking and disgusting.

I have never known. I’m looking it up, and it actually happened in late 2017, a year after LotV’s release, along with SC2’s going f2p.

If ROC is indeed dropped, I’m done with this game, and I’m sure many others who have played RoC for almost TWENTY YEARS will feel the same.
Many many people prefer RoC over TFT, which is a flighty esport wannabe.
You destroy your base game at your peril, Blizz, Warcraft 3 is one of the only things you haven’t messed up, and you’re doing it right now.

8 Likes

Same was true for SC2. Some left, some adapted, some only played custom games. And it survived.

It is. It’s official.

2 Likes

How about, we shift from TFT into a new expansion? Your understanding of this game is unheard off. Please leave, and never return.

Has it? I mean, pre-LotV? Nice to hear. But we don’t have RoC custom maps, afaik. And they’re clunky to use.

Let’s all shift to a different game such as… umm… StarCraft Zwei!

What a brand new idea! Worked in the past. Flawlessly. /s

AT, ROC, Custom games, world editor are all dead.
Enlist all the remaining TFT players to beta test a years’ worth of random balance changes.
Blizzard used to be about polish and respecting its playerbase. Now they have deleted the one game upon which all of Blizzard rested on. Reign of Chaos,
Sorry, this is a bridge tooo far, and I can’t stomach wacthing how this develops.
I’m out, knowing that Activision finally killed my game after almost 20 years.

7 Likes

Yeah suck it Brood War/Diablo 2/World of Warcraft/Overwatch/Starcraft 2/Hearthstone.

3 Likes

It’s not necessary to be rude to the dead.

RoC has very different gameplay from TFT and its ladder shouldn’t be shutdown.

7 Likes

Very sad to see ROC has been turned off. I still play ROC and never really got into TFT. Did the campaign but i preferred the online play of ROC.
Hopefully they turn it back on?

Will Reforged include ROC multiplayer? Or is it just TFT?

3 Likes

reign of chaos can still be played against the AI. in starcraft 2 however, it is possible to play multiplayer with both wings of liberty and heart of the swarm, though not ranked. if you choose melee, you can select what expansion to use.

3 Likes

This isn’t a problem, it was intentional.

1 Like

I really hope they’ll bring RoC back to ladder.

1 Like

blizzard`s policy is to only support the latest expansion on ladder.

Spoiler: The same fate will happen to TFT

I’m not sure why that would happen, since Reforged would be exactly the same as “TFT” for all intents and purposes.

(More in response to the OP:)
And yeah, them disabling RoC on Battle net seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not sure why this is an issue. It’s all good to prefer one iteration of a game over another but at some point you’ve just gotta move on.

1 Like

the frozen throne is the latest expansion and will be available on ladder as long as it is the latest expansion. that is unlikely to change.

1 Like