WCIII Reforged Graphics Mod: Quenching

who is pathetic and “trying to make themself importatnt”?

1 Like

the mod makes obviously… =D
they should have waited atleast 1-2 years to properly see reforged faults after testing it long enought but they started to make this mod just because most complained here propably.

As far as I remember, they didn’t want to let the community wait for too long for the new version and therefore released it a little earlier because people were asking for it? The video even says “v1.1beta”. You can also deactivate options that eat performance. V1.05 should run smoother, if you would like to use a more stable version. Considering the early access state of the game on release day (despite of it being even delayed) and the patches that are eager to ignore the most requested things by the community, I would say that the mod does everything right by trying to give something people might have expected of a remastered game and to fix something the mod makers don’t even have to fix. I bet it also contributes to keeping some people from abandoning the game, just like W3C does. I guess if they waited for 1-2 years, the community would be smaller than it is already thanks to Reforged’s state.

4 Likes

I dont see reforged state very bad. It kept what promised, it has only minor bug fixes needed that I am sure will be done at the some point.
Reforged is pretty heavy game with max settings, I wouldnt want to ruin fps because of some jitter mod that does is unclear, nor it doesnt even have clear purpose.
As I can see we have totally different mindset, what you think is bad I think is good.

I would like to add something I forgot about:

I like the Quenching and Blizzcon UI BUT

The minimap is too small! Its too hard to click on the minimap and its too hard to see your units or your opponent.

I would like the following. Either increase the Minimap to be the same size of Original Warcraft 3. Or add a slider so we can increase the size of the UI for Quenching and Blizzcon UI? That is all I have for now I think. I might update this post once I have more to report.

Thanks for your work!

1 Like

Is it usable on bnet or will the desyncs start again? People have said both in this thread but I know I can’t refund again if I buy sooo. Anyone using 1.05 on bnet? Thank you, great work jinxed

Edit: First game had no problems. Looks so much better than reforged maps! Be sure to donate everyone.

someone who knows why the ESL suddenly isn’t casting with the Quenching mod? :neutral_face:

The Quenching looks much better better than standart Reforged graphics

2 Likes

1.1 isnt working with 1.32.8 after hotfixes of yesterday

It has worked fine for me ever since I installed it. I only installed version 1.1 so far and I have been playing with it since yesterday without any problems. I tried singleplayer, campaign, 4vs4 multiplayer and watching replays.

Maybe a clean install will help you? I was also dissapointed there were no Quenching visuals in the Foggy vs Cooper game. I can’t stand the regular reforged looks.

What exactly is your point of commenting here then? Just wanted to insult some people? Just wanted some attention?

honestly, warcraft story is awesome and should be played with Enhanced graphics as this was the goal from reforging it !!
i see the main content in reforged is missing, and that what this mod is doing; completing the project…

4 Likes

It’s just weird the ESL suddenly isn’t cast with the Quenching mod, when there is no problem with the latest patch from Blizzard

1 Like

When you start Quenching, it says “inactive” in the title. However yesterday evening it was working fine for me. Neo wrote that it isn’t working. But for me it was still working fine.

Today I just tested it again and now its also not working for me anymore. However, before I started the game I unzipped my old warcraft 3 soundfiles to get the original german voices back. This shouldn’t mess with any visuals as I did this always before trying out a new setup with Quenching.

I clicked on Setup/Fix and did a new install. Here are the results:

htt p s:// imgur. com/a/2DjK0wM

The upper image is using lightning on low, the lower image is using lightning on medium.

As you can see, skins work. Aswell as unit visibility changes like the one which gives DK a blue cape because I am playing with blue colour.

I do feel like it looks a litte worse than yesterday though. But that might just be my imagination. It doesn’t look as smooth as it used to. But it still looks better than the steaming pile of crap that regular Reforged visuals look like.

youre crazy and i dont know in what world you came from.
the craphics are new in reforged you just need to set them up from options :smiley:

I can confirm that Quenching is still working on 1.32.8 after this week hot fixes.

(on a Mac as you may already know)

1 Like

1.11 is out guys.

3 Likes

Nice :muscle:

Testing now, can’t wait

Update: still have black bars next to Interface. (Im using Widescreen monitor)

how do i download the new update?

Quenching Update & Setup Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yznkwqrx4y3b1ti/file

→ Move “QuenchingModEN.exe” to your war3 root path and run it to update & set up the mod

V1.11 Full Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mg0v7u8tnreblhj/file

→ Delete older versions than v1.1, extract the content of the zip file to your war3 root path and use “QuenchingModEN.exe” to set up the mod

You can download the whole package or just use the update & setup tool.

3 Likes