WCIII Reforged Graphics Mod: Quenching

can you remind how to uninstall the mod v1.1 ? i need to uninstall it for now…

You can try to get rid of _retail folder and see if it works?

2 Likes

Oh, that hut belongs to corrputed warlocks, they are pretty pissed when you killed their leader… The only grunt you might miss is in the first ruined village.

1 Like

Workarounds:

3 Likes

Having a few problems I’m hoping might be easily fixed:

If I use the quenching or blizzard UI options, the area around the map, portrait, etc is shaded black. If I play in classic UI, there’s no issue because that area is textured with stone. The other issue I’m having is any kind of particle seems to be a black square instead. Ice sparkles, rain drops hitting the ground, and on Arthas’ horse during undead campaign.

Haha! Got it! Can’t believe I kept missing that grunt. Thanks! Also, shouldn’t the swamp blades and shadow orb fragment have the green and purple orb effect orbiting Thrall’s weapon once picked up? Just a thought

1 Like

I uninstalled it and downloaded the 1.05. (btw i spent hours waiting for the site to load, then I realized i could just download it from the youtube description link, my bad) So yeah I play 1.05 now and it still says 1.1 is installed, when the menu comes in :smiley: i thought I did something wrong, but no, its just the way it is

You may still have the png file referring to 1.1. Go to retail>webui folder and check the files you have inside. Some will reference to Quenching 1.1, but you can deleted, they are just images.

1 Like

I tried out the mod now and I have to say it is absolutely awesome! This update got me back in the game.

Some issues I noted:

• the mod replaces some letters with random numbers when i type something (e.g. typing “g” will always show up a “4”)
  • “no use now” button appparently does not work
1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the point. It’s a placeholder button for a future feature.

1 Like

thats actually one of the settings, its called custom hotkeys for inventory

you can read about it more in this guide here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

makes the game much better

1 Like

Hopefully next bug fixed update won’t take too long, really wanna play 1.1 kn matchmaking

1 Like

Thanks! That helped.

1 Like

Cast clean competitive best games gameplay. I continue to shoot the gameplay of interesting matches with new versions of graphic modifications - testing the new version of Quenching mod V1.1

5 Likes

Amazing. Looks less and less like blizzard reforged. I miss the Trees moving, they changed in 1.1 : (

4 Likes

They remove it because it droped hard fps, they reduce the number of moving tree before they got the same problem.

1 Like

Im missing the moving trees too. Maybe it could be an optional feature?

1 Like

Is this the same version as we see in Dreamhack currently? It is looking better and better I must admit. However in my opinion the colours are a little too washed out and just a little too bright and shiny. They lack a certain “sharpness” so to say. The water looks very nice in your version.

Nevertheless it looks so much better than regular Refunded graphics!

Now I hope we will get the option to play and select all the skins from the campaign. We all wanted skins from the campaign, blizzard advertises exactly that. But blizzard developers are liars and we cannot choose any of the advertised campaign skins and they don’t care about adding it to the game even though they continue to advertise it.

4 Likes

No, he is using ReShade with Quenching. It’s not a true representation of the mod.

how does it work?