WC3 Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne missing from shop

I voted ‘Blizzard process disappointed me’ on the Blizzard Support info.

This is just absurd, they oblige people to go on Ebay, Amazon and other physical retailers or secondary marketplaces (or even pirate…), War3 Reforged is not available now, they just announced it and instead of getting some extra money from the Classic due to the new Hype they remove it ‘until it becomes cold in hell’ … wtf ?

4 Likes

What the heck? That’s ridiculous !

Can confirm that if you buy the new “Warcraft III: Reforged” you have the option to login to your account and get the “old” games that way, otherwise just use the codes you have if you bought them before. Just sucks if you had brought the “Reign of Chaos” and not the “Frozen throne” expansion, because it requires both key…

Does it? can’t you type only the RoC one and it will be enough?

Warcraft 3 and frozen throne should be accessible if you buy remaster said grubby and on november 6 which wasn’t eventually. So now i can’t even but warcraft 3 great…
I am fed up with blizzard, i don’t have mood for this anymore…

1 Like

You can buy WC3R and you’d need to download the WC3 client in order to play it from 1.30.2 Patch Notes

When launching the game you’d be promted to link to your battlenet account to see whether or not you own WC3 Reforged

1. Pre-order WC reforged if you do not have an original WC3 cd
  2. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7836
  3. Click the popup menu
  4. Choose wc 3
  5. Click windows/mac
  6. Wait for the download
  7. open the download. You can login with your usual blizzard account name/pass that has the purchase of Reforged attached to it. Or it will ask you for your cd key (you have that, right?)
  8. When it finishes installing about 2.3gb of stuff it will let you choose “repair” or “launch”. Press “launch”
  9. click the dark little orc face on the splash screen next to “single player”.
  10. Voila WC3 RoC

This page is the most helpful

1.30.2 Patch Notes - click your OS.

3 Likes

Very helpful post and all, but dude, this is a 3 months old thread - I’m pretty sure the problem has been resolved already.

JohnOstrowic cover the important bits.

For those who don’t know yet the reason why you can’t buy or install warcraft 3 the old way is because reforged is using the same engine as the original and they’re making them compatible. This means they’re making major changes to the old game as well. They simply don’t want you to waste your money. Just buy reforged and you receive both games in one (literally).

So If I have WC3 FT already Then will i get reforged?

No, next question please.

No but you will forced to test everything coming to reforged because these updates will add and strip things away while you will be forced to beta test the work for the devs. Don’t worry knowing you did all this for everyone will help you sleep at night!

ok so i just got back from military training and now have access to my computer, i had the old versions of warcraft 3 via the battle.net but now they are gone…

Sorry but what exactly is the problem here? Why would you want an old version of WC3?

Thank you for posting this, could not find any where else how to get the download

Remember guys, when sc:r was like few weeks away, they also took the old verions down from the shop. Lets hope

Good thing we have the hard copies. My war3 collectors sit beside my sc volumes.

Newsflash - they took WC3 SD down on 2018-11-02.

Since the WC3R preorders went up I believe.
But buying WC3R preorder just gives you RoC and TfT… so… that’s how you buy Warcraft 3 now.

1 Like

Yes, after i posted, i noticed this post is from last year. Sorry :smiley: