WC3 Reforged application will not open on Mac

After successfully installing Warcraft 3 Reforged on Mac and clicking “Play”, the application attempts to open, but shortly after it crashes and displays “The application encountered an unexpected error” message. It will not open at all and this cycle repeats. Error report ID was E2BE6D74-37F4-4AB8-8C13-9766DA4D36D7. Here are my system specs:
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

Im also having the same problem if someone could help that would be great

Same. pretty ridiculous

Mine too but I don’t get any error message. It just greys out the Play button to greyed out Launching for about 30 seconds then goes back to bright blue Play again. I can then press Play again and repeat the process but Warcraft 3 Reforged will not launch.

Your graphics card is not supported, as Blizzard has updated their API used to Metal.

The TL;dr portion is that your graphics card does not support Metal API.

The slightly longer explanation is that Blizzard has chosen to switch the API used to Metal. The requirements for this API is OS 10.13-10.15, and the graphics card must support it.

Unfortunately your card is one series short (7000 series among others) from actually being compatible with Metal API.

There are no other graphical API used as Blizzard is focused on more current gen systems when it comes to Mac.

To the other people in this thread, probably best you post your OS and graphics card if you’re experiencing similar issues.

System requirements at the following link.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-system-specifications/

1 Like

is there a terminal- workaround or any other way to play WC3 classic? i remember using “exec /Applications/Warcraft\ III/x86_64/Warcraft\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Warcraft\ III -graphicsapi OpenGL” to open the game before patch 1.31. but that does not do it anymore

1 Like