Wc3 is ruined

Awesome blizzard you made the one fall back game when the internets acting up only launchable with the internet… why do you think this is a good idea? make the old version of the game launchable without your client again! no one likes it

13 Likes

You actin like people played war3 before the reforged…
I was among the few… maybe max 1000 players…

And there are even LESS people playing it now.

5 Likes

Are you from internet explorer or what?

1 Like

Hard to know what your actually saying. But you can play offline.

Only for 30 days before you need to remind Blizzard that you bought the damn game. Which, they shouldn’t need a reminder; that payment is on file.

They do not need a reminder. Warcraft III does. Hence it needs to connect to Blizzard to be reminded that you brought the game. Otherwise nothing would stop people who did not buy Warcraft III in any form from playing it.

Stop supporting anti-consumer DRM. Pirates aren’t hurt by this, the paying customers are.

7 Likes

You yourself said their servers have not been hacked yet.

So pirates must be hurting.

But we really don’t need your anti DRM speech on every single post. I’m sure you were anti CD keys, anti physical DRM, anti any type of copyright protection that exist. It’s cool.

1 Like

Nope. CD Keys don’t prevent you from using the product you paid for like online DRM of any kind does.

4 Likes

And when your apocalyptic scenario actually happens for a single player offline game…maybe people will care.

But in 15+ years it still hasn’t happened yet.

15+ years ago we still had net neutrality. 15+ years ago Blizzard, Activision, and EA were still decent companies.

With your attitude, by the time I’m proven right it’ll be too late for anyone to care. We need to start caring now.

And no, pirates aren’t hurting from this. They simply haven’t bothered because what the hell is the point when the game itself sucks? There’s a STRONG correlation between DRM like this and the number of games that have come out that have been sub-par.

3 Likes

What net neutrality law do you actually think is relevant to online DRM? Nothing to do with fast lanes is anywhere close to your fear of authentication servers.

The entire market is shifting to the point your rants are not going to matter. Games are going to continue to rely on the internet because consumers want the advantages it brings. There won’t be DRM…because there will not be offline games for the most part.

And that is what’s wrong with you people. You’re taking the damn internet for granted.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty strong requirement for multiplayer…

Unless your a strong supporter of coach co-op and split screen gaming.

I don’t give a toss about multiplayer, period. I’m a single-player guy.

1 Like

Then you’ll probably do better fighting the fight on primarily single player games. Don’t know any single player games that are currently getting flack for online DRM though. Blizzards games are primarily multiplayer.

But they also have a strong single-player component, which is what I play for.

And the reason you don’t know any single player games that are currently getting flack for online DRM is because you haven’t been paying attention due to your own attitude that online DRM “isn’t that big a deal.”

4 Likes

And they are?

Yeah internet will be require for 99% of gaming one day. So is electricity, you take down the grid and no more games. You would also have much bigger concerns. That’s what basic utilities are, things deemed essential for normal life.

Today we still have net neutrality. Anything else is illegal in the EU.

Of course if some countries outside the EU have decided to drop that policy that is their problem.

Which is what one has to in order to keep up in this day and age. Anyone who does not will quickly be left behind as a dinosaur.