WC III Roc Battle.net abandoned?!?

Are there any plans to bring back Battle.net for ROC? TFT and ROC are two completely different games as far as playstyle, I have no desire to play TFT as a substitute. It disheartens me to think I’m going to lose my Ladder account from 2004 :’( - AkANooB hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (No I don’t want TFT to be the dead remains of my treasured ROC account!)

2 Likes

reign of chaos is no more.

1 Like

Of course, its sad about the icons, but as a silver lining, its gameplay can now be played again over bnet Reign of Chaos Multiplayer returns to Battle.net! - #3 by ttv2StoneD-2861

I hope Reign of Chaos will be back with Reforged but I think it’s gone…

you could suggest it on the gog wishlist.

I stopped playing the day RoC was deleted.
Sadly, I can’t express my feelings appropriately here about the developers without getting another suspension.

1 Like

There’s still/always the optimistic choice in that their wording specifically was:

Disabled, not deleted or removed. Granted it’s a bit of a stretch, but all Blizzard games are still playable online (re-releasing Diablo 1 and the first two Warcraft games too, plus you can still make non-Lord of Destruction characters in Diablo 2) so it’s at least not 100% likely this is permanent. It’d just be a weird place to start.

If anything, hopefully it’s something that’ll swing back around with Reforged like Arranged Teams.

RoC Multiplayer is now in the same realm as the Dodo and Harambe.

Blizzard wont be able to hurt it anymore.

1 Like

Not likely to return. Bliz’s other 2 ladder containing RTSs:

SCR only allows its latest expac, Broodwar, on ladder. Vanilla was never possible.
SC2 only allows its latest expac, LotV, on the latter. WoL and HotS used to be but were disabled after LotV had been out for a while (when SC2 went F2P).

W3R is undoubtedly following suit.

That’s what I wanted to know, too. Thanks.

Was the pre-BW even popular at all though? And can it be played in SCR in customs (not on the new matchmaking ladder)?

Yep. For both SCR an SC2, the previous xpacs can be played in custom games.

Just the competitive ladders are being kept the most current xpac. I suspect that will be the case with W3R too.

No, you have to make a specific custom map in SC2.

But can you play pre-BW by going to bnet from pre-BW?

For SC2, that’s what I said. The expansion level can be set for any custom map. So WoL, HotS, or LotV.

For SCR, you can choose which expansion you want to play after clicking Multiplayer. From there, you can setup a custom game that will run which ever you chose. So Original or Broodwar.

Ah, that is clear. Just to clarify to those who do not know - the pre-SCR BW did not have a ladder, and joining through custom lobbies was the only way to play multiplayer.