WARNING! To those who haven't Installed the Update yet!

No worries!

All the others on that page will install Reforged.

The PTR will make it’s own separate folder so your main game install won’t be changed.

Iirc, the PTR does require the game keys.

If the world editor isn’t something player is interested in, that wouldn’t matter much.

I don’t mean to focus on 1.31. Any of the later versions can be played. A community favorite is v1.27.

Which is why I was saying people who want a copy of a pre-Reforged WC3 from a trusted site should grab it while they can. If v1.31 isn’t wanted, they’ll need to go online and find something earlier.

There’s a thread from a few days ago with links to v1.27 also directly from Bliz.

1 Like

Both Leviathan and DrSuperGood, Thank you so much for the help!!

I’m just a player who just loves to play the campaign over and over again, and maybe some custom map plays too!!
As for the World Editor, i did once tried it but never got the time to delve deep into it, it’s very confusing to me :sweat_smile:
I wanted to make a combined version of a classic Archmage Jaina and Rylai of Dota character, but i cant even summon a unit, let alone do those other crazy stuff :joy:

And also sorry, again last question, is it possible for me to own a working classic WC 3 public test (and also can i transfer my saved files and account to this one?) and a combined classic and reforged WC 3 game?

Account cannot be transferred to public test. If they can, then it would only be temporary. Saved games might work on public test, depends if the build is similar enough to the final release that was played. Saved games generally do not cross version boundaries well.

Not sure what you are asking. You can merge your classic account into Reforged which should carry most of the progress across. If one can view this progress currently I do not know.

Yep!

Since the PTR installs to a separate folder than Reforged, they can coexist. You’ll be able to launch which ever you please. Just make sure to not allow the PTR to update (don’t try to connect to Battlenet) or it will turn into Reforged.

As for transferring profiles and saved games, like DrSuperGood mentioned, you can try, but it’s a distinct possiblity that it won’t work.

1 Like

Alright Phew… Thank you so much, I thought it’s a goner…

Good thing this PTR still exist…

Well again Thank You and Happy Valentines!!

To Blizzard’s response about there not being a way to install just the classic version anymore…oh boy are they wrong.

Where there is a will there is a way on the internet. I am of course not posting links here as I am sure that Blizzard would find a way to take these down too. But I did in fact find a standalone 1.21 installer and patches 1.26 and 1.27b. I also have the disc copy. They used to have old patches on a support site but these appear to have been taken down.

But you can install from a game disc. The installer I found online required a CD-Key. I entered my CD-key and was in business. Just do not patch past 1.27b or the game will start to download reforged.

*Update to 1.32.1. This has been nicknamed Reforged due to it officially releasing but technically Reforged started many versions before. It is also still the same game, Warcraft III.

Stop giving bad advice. Nobody with a working brain and love for the original game wants to update to 1.32.

Reforged is a piece of trash and worst of all it’s most likely DRM’d to high hell just like StarCraft 2 and Remastered. I’m glad I refunded.

I just hope I can re-patch up to 1.29 so I can have all the new team colors, without having to worry about Warcraft 3 repeatedly reminding me that “an update is available.”

2 Likes

You can patch up to 1.27b as after that Blizzard stopped with the Standalone patches.

2 Likes

One can also patch up to 1.32.1 or later and have access to modern Reforged targeted features such as more player colours and Lua.

We don’t want 1.32 and its broken money-grubbing crap.

Even if it wasn’t broken or a blatant cash grab, it’s still wasted space.

2 Likes

Hey excuse me again, sorry i have a problem, the reforged doesn’t let me play, it just says “There was an error in handling your request” then it freezes and just shuts down and returns to the laptop screen (i already restarted both the game and laptop multiple times, but same results)…

It took me almost 1 and a half day to finish it downloading, literally it just finished this time while i was typing this, and before launching it i even clicked the “Repair” button for added measure… Yet here it is, breaking…

What do i do? I dont wanna reinstall it, cause i have to wait for another two days for it to complete the download :tired_face:

Check your BattleNet account. Make sure either a Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos classic CD Key is attached to it, or you own Warcraft III Reforged. Warcraft III Reforged will be required to play with the new Reforged graphics, but either will work to view them in World Editor. Both might have to be in good standing (not banned or revoked) in order to login.

Apparently a Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne CD Key is not required to get access to classic play. I cannot personally verify this as I already had both attached to my account. However some people have been mentioning this on the forum and it seems sensible.

You say a laptop right , is it dual gpu , aka intel and Nvidia or AMD? If so make sure it is using the dGPU, not the iGPU, without much more info it’s hard to say what is crashing it

No thanks. I purposefully installed a clean legacy version and patched only to 1.27b to un**** the game that Blizzard ****ed. Why would I want the crap that Reforged introduced when I specifically installed a clean version to get away from that? Reforged’s ‘features’ and those it even takes away are not worth the damage done to the classic game.

It is not the same game. Not by a long shot. Reforged is a mere mockery that will live, wither and likely die in the long shadow cast by the classic version of the game. Blizzard have effectively guaranteed Reforged will die with their new ToS stripping any moral rights and claims to creation from the creators of custom content. The very thing that helped to keep WCIII relevant for 17 years.

1 Like