Warcraft III: Reforged PTR - Version 1.35.0

Wow custom campaigns yeaaaah i can now play the Arthas campaign :smiley:

2 Likes

Good that you’re updating.

But where are the UD nerfs? Hu also needs a buff vs ud big time. I doubt 10 hp on peasants will make a diff, especially since you have now made ghouls have 30% more HP at frenzy. Also, UD expo is still way too fast imo, and why the heck reduce rod of necromancy cooldown? It’s already too short.

As an Orc player, I think Orc changes were ok.

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing back Custom Campaigns!

3 Likes

take the ghoul HP buff back and instead buff aboms turnratio.

1 Like

I am amazed that this is happening. First of all to see people at blizzard are still alive and to see that our dedicated community manager now has 38 posts meaning he posts about slightly over once a month since the game got released.

Secondly because nobody asked for this. Show us where any of these balance issues were addressed by the community with a general consensus on what these balance changes deem to fix.

Thirdly because the platform is still from the 7th depth of hell. The UI is still terrible: chat channels are all named the same. Commands are still executed with a trigger rather than having a normal mute button in the option menu. Ladder stats bug out and the only relieve on that is that match making is so terrible that stats do not say anything at all. Since reforged it is still hard to pick up dropped items if another creeps moves on top of them. Creep AI is (i presume unintentionally) altered, evidence of this has been reported. Even pathing is more erratic with sometimes units being unable to find the exit of a base or magically popping out of surrounds (of brace yourself: opening a surround when you consistently tell them to move closer). EU server is bugged so most EU vs EU matches are played on US server. Regardless of server: latency seems to be very sloppy. Servers provide a lot of spikes. High end computers have difficulty running reforged graphics due to very very poor optimization (or non at all…). The folder pathing for putting maps if beyond horrible (I literally have hundreds of maps that look like serial keys where maps are stored). Still need a customkey.txt to remap hotkeys the official way. Cinematics still look like a student in his first year had a hobby project. Female versions of DK and DH in classic graphics looks like a student in his first year had a hobby project and intentionally tried to fail it (fun fact: illusions of these female versions occur in the setting as per local user thus may fully lose the idea of an illusion being confusing to the enemy). Play 1 game on US server and lose your EU stats forever. And the list goes on and on. The community reported the 3.000 bugs but the post was removed as “1 bug per post” policy (not making this up, lmao).

Fourth and last it has been over 2 years. All of these issues have been over two years. And it amazes me that someone at blizzard found the courage to upload changes nobody ask for and it took the community a matter of minutes to figure out that literally zero Q&A/testing on these changes were performed by blizzard themselves.

Really, amazing. This clown fiesta has been so bad for over more than two years that I actually got back from AoE IV from nothing short of sheer amazement that something can consistently be this bad without any show of remorse or shame. But I’m sure that blizzard investigations will show blizzard did everything right.

4 Likes

The Circlet of Nobility changes are baffling. You take something clean and simple and you make it ugly and convoluted for the sake of… what? Balancing? Because if so then simply changing the gold cost/item level would be a both easier and cleaner solution.
Keep it simple guys. Save these ideas for another game.

10 Likes

also AMS nerf is way too extreme, nerf it from 300 damage absorbed to something like 220 or 200 or so.

1 Like

Demon hunter is now fully broken, especially using bears

2 Likes

The World Editor has been broken since 1.33 , is it ever going to recieve any attention ?? Give us the 1.32 World Editor back if you cant fix it because its purely garbage at this point

But a nice thing to add to Humans would be Buff Paladins allow them to heal themselves and to change between all of the auras

About time for custom campaign to come back i have been waiting for this so thank you

Dude finally. Maybe we can forgive Blizzard.

Thanks for the patch, and for that you still look after this game, after so so much time, and even though it probably not bringing you any money back.

So now my feedback on the changes:

HU:
I think you need to bring Spell Breakers where they were was. Bring their hp and armor back, and HU will be at decent spot once again.
Also, make Sorc/Priests immune to magic, and they will be usable against UD, and they won’t be OP, and this will perfectly fit the lore as well.

Peasants need a bit more buff, for example higher regeneration, cause HU and UD workers are most expose to harras and lame play.

Paladin Holy Light will make Pala first choice, especially against UD, which is good.
HU players currently are playing so outdated and still playing AM is so so bad.
They just refuse to learn and improve, and are stubborn and stuck in the past with the AM.
Also top level HU, are just not on the level of other top players currently. Actually they are very far from it.

Orc:
Fine with the changes, but Orc lame play is still incredibly strong. Bats needs a complete rework.
Mass Wind Riders + Bats literally wipe whole UD army, and this is incredible hard to counter, even when you play against lesser player.

Hex should have finally be nerfed, and lesser the seconds for hexed units + no exp for hero is a joke.

Elf:
DH Immolation buff is a bit over the top, especially at level 1 and 2. You also buff the mana drain, which is big thing. Also DH now have 3 Super Strong ability.
It move from Elite to God tier, as it’s best hero in the game by far.

Warden Ultimate should have been nerfed big time. Just make spirits attackable + dispelable.
Faerie Dragon needs a nerf, when in web or ensnare, they should not be able to cast Mana Flair and get +12 armor, which is insane.

UD:
It’s about time you rework Animate Death, and give DK an actual good and useful ultimate, isn’t it time already ? How many times you need to nerf the DK, and still ignore the worst ultimate in the game ?
Anti-Magic Shield nerf is a good one.
Unholy Aura receive another nerf, which is getting annoying.
Why exactly you are doing this ?

Fiends are one of the slowest units in the game, it has 270 base MS, while Rider have 350MS, Dryads and Hunts are on 350MS as well.
Now good luck microing fiends against Air units, like Wind Riders, Fairy and so on.

Some people on here have no clue what they are talking about, cause they can’t keep their heroes at good position and lose their hero instant, and keep crying about Coil + Nova and statues.
Statues are also now give more XP, and ROD is actually nerfed to 26 seconds.
With the MS nerf, this is a huge blow to the UD.

UD have the sh**** units in the game, and they also have the worst expansion of all races, and some crybabies are crying about UD expo, which is the easiest one to get canceled, and you are stuck for like forever. You also need to invest heavily, cause you need to build at least 1 tower + Nercopolis + the gold Mine …

What UD players have, is the best players in the game, and Happy showed, as he beat everyone even playing random and with race he doesn’t even touch, so complaining about balance, as giving Happy for example is pathetic.

2 Likes

Who are you trying to lie, that you are a UD player?
UD expo is still the worst in the game by far, and you need to invest heavily into it. It’s still the easiest expo to get canceled.
Ghouls are trash units, Footy are 400 HP, ghouls should be close to that number as well.
Obsidian statues are perfectly fine. And with your comment you are showing, what a liar you are.
Obsidian statues have never ever gave 10 mana per spell. They give 3, so by your lack of knowledge, they should be buffed instead?

Are you NUTS? The original game was well balanced, and a lot of people thought about siege engine, when they made it, lot of tester tested it, championship were played.
Now you ruin everything.
Don’t you think they are too many changes for this unit?!?

• Siege Engine now has heavy armor.
  • Siege Engine can now attack units.
  • Siege Engine base damage reduced from 44 to 22.
  • Siege Engine barrage damage increased from 14 to 16.
  • Siege Engine no longer decreases in unit level when getting the barrage upgrade.
1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Warcraft III: Reforged PTR - Version 1.35.0:

I strongly recommend you not to listen to remo guy. He is very biased and has a poor understanding in this game.

5 Likes

Siege engine’s purpose is NOT ANTI - AIR !!! Ok you can use also but it was not firstly intended for AA!
Siege engine first purpose is to destroy fortified buildings and mass towering noob turtles!!!
And should NOT attack units, is a machine, you need to defend it with other units…

Tavern heroes are supposed to be on the same level of power as the others. Why should they cost more, especially when a regular hero can be attained faster? the point of this change? It is intended that you can have one as your first hero. The tweak here is all about reducing the frequency of instant revive use. But frankly I think they should just slightly dial back the revive times past level 1 a little bit because it gets kind of stupid later, making it generally absolutely worth the cost (even with this increase) for the instant revive.

I generally dont like some of these wilder balance changes, it should be minor tweaks, not weird and radical changes (like transforming tanks into a weird clone of raiders)

What’s ams?

That can be abused to switch to the required attributes just in time and at the same time is bad to micro manage if you have multiple of those. Also, there is no indicator what state the Circlet is in at the moment other than looking at the bonus stats of the hero, which can be quite opaque when the hero has multiple bonus effects. Would it not be better if the Circlet just awards the additional 1 stat to the hero’s main attribute? (but then, it should be adapted when the main attribute changes like due to some morph technically)

It is also unintuitively toggling from bottom to top instead of top to bottom and it does not retain its configuration when the item is dropped/passed. Is this intentional?

The ability is furthermore labeled Unknown in the World Editor and has no configurability. Is the bonus value hardcoded?

1 Like