Warcraft III: Reforged PTR - Version 1.35.0

thx for patch

the hh nerf is delusional 160 gold, 30 wood ?! cmon

hasn’t everyone been complaining about headhunters being the strongest unit in the game? feels reasonable

2 Likes

About time Custom Campaigns are coming back

1 Like

Please fix FPS Bug that is causing mouse delay and … on devices with hybrid GPU (Nvidia + Intel) and game just prefers using Intel GPU in SD mode

2 Likes

Hello,
Does it mean it worth to start a new campaign from the start on PTR as it will be up till begining of 2023?
Thanks!

I think there’s a lot of good changes here, and quite clearly they have been taken from the robust discussion the community had back in May/June.

My feedback:

The changes to ultimates are pretty much bang on across the board, as well as some “freebie” good changes like:

• the statue level
  • broad buffs to human numbers
  • siphon being nerfed
  • control magic T3
  • AMS being summon damage
  • move speed aura nerfs
  • some item nerfs

That said, I think in places where the team have gone their own path with a redesign, I really think there’s a lack of understanding about what the fundamental issue is with certain current units and heroes.

The best example of what I mean that I can see is the headhunter: the problem with headhunters is not that they are too cheap, but two separate issues:

firstly they build too quickly (increasing the build time by 10-15% seems like a smart fix here)

secondly their damage scales a little too well when they are upgraded to beserkers and get the attack speed activatable (changing their bonus damage from upgrades seems like the correct fix here, which is what other units have had in the past too, since this is a scaling issue)

Another is that the issue with mirror image is that it’s too expensive, it’s already a very good spell, the issue is that the blademasters other two spells are also exceptional at low level - if you want to see more mirror image, just make it cheaper, 80 → 75 or 70.

The ghoul frenzy change might have been fine in isolation, but this is clearly targeting OvU and I think either buffing ghouls or nerfing HH is fine, no need for both.

The healing wards change is also pointless, I think we just have to accept the original designers overlooked the interaction with spellsteal and live with it at this point.

Also, beserker strength doesn’t need to be better, it needs to be cheaper on wood, the reason it’s not as good upgrade as it should be is it’s usually the last on a long list of things a T2 orc wants to spend their wood on. I think just reducing it by 25 or 50 wood is a better change than the HP change.

There are also in my opinion two big missed issues with this patch:

1. The lich is quite clearly too strong at the moment across the board, even in 4v4 players are going solo-lich occasionally, I have seen people suggest stat gain nerfs, I probably agree there, maybe a miniscule attack speed nerf so that he doesn’t scale so hard with items.

2. Piercing damage is the underlying issues with so many problems, buff heavy armor so it takes 90% instead of 100% from piercing. I know not many people agree with me on this, but it’s just clear as everyone got gud over 20 years, ranged units got better because of their higher skill ceiling.

1 Like

As someone who was top100 elo and 2k mmr with random (solo ,2x2 RT and 4x4RT) . I will try and give a balanced opinion.

*OC
Liking the hh nerf, looks like patch orcs are gonna need a life reevaluation and reflection pretty soon and a lot of coping.
-Now orc has best lame and anti lame in game which seems pretty crazy overall and makes it unfun at any mmr level to play against or any mode ,having a t3 masonry upgrade on t2 for half the cost of hu masonry upgrades.
-As well as raiders and bat strategies being very efficient for low effort and IQ (lower end spectrum) required to execute.
-A nerf to siege damage would be reasonable, while focusing more on orc fighting potential buffs (except hh)

*NE
-A nerf to warden ulti (way too game changing) and dh immolation seems way too good
-UDs are still dominating ne %wise so a buff to fairy dmg would be reasonable
-Moving away from mass t1 meta against orc would be amazing, talons can work some maps but driads/bears fall quite short , driads should be able to dispel sh snakes (but wisps shouldnt be able to) and perhaps bears in t3 bear not being able to be eaten by kodos , walkers do just fine vs bears but can always adjust/buff orc units if they fall short v bears.
-Mgs altho imba in 4v4 they are pretty underused in solo so a small aoe dmg to them since they barely do any dmg could be useful.

A buff ne main base against laming would be appreciated since by time you tp to main tree its already at 50%hp vs raiders /bats/mass ghouls and you cant even uproot it during tp and its the fastest main base to go down while orcs have spikes ,humans masonry . Ne buildings like aow dont fill out the spaces to stop melee units.

*UD fe is way too easy and cost effective they dont lose much from canceling it, banshee possesion is still the very best spell and could use a nerf, uds tend to comeback v hu even in bad situations thanks to a lot of banshes in big fights.
Reduction to garg movement speed since air units dont clutter together they are easier to micro than ground which gives them a big advantage, especially with aura.

*HU paladin + 1agility

*Tavern
buff underused tavern heroes they make the game far more interesting and strategic rather than same monotone robotic strategies .

2 Likes

guy behind patch 100% was noob UD 4v4 player

nerf DK intelligence already

2 Likes

too much of a nerf i think, it could be 150 and 25 at least.

1 Like

What a treat! The toggle on the circlet is just so cute! Thanks for the update! The moment I saw the extra buff on the Blade Master, all those memories of Blade-Master rush just came flooding back to me lmao

But will the games finally start count correctly in rt? even in solo it’s bad, but in rt it’s still complete random wether my game count or not

1 Like

There never was a reconnection feature. If the connection got severed just shortly you were out. It was a lag feature

it’s still great on blademaster, lich, am, sh (vs ud), dh - helps a lot with surviving, i saw Happy prioritazing peripat over claws, and focus for his blade (with mirror image makes a lot of sense)

The wait screen was built in, but reconnecting is a community feature.

Blizzard can definitely bring back the wait screen, and even add features to it, but adding back reconnect i’m not sure, it would be great but i dont think Blizzard is as good as W3C to pull it off or prioritize it. and mind you by reconnection i clearly mean joining back a game after you’ve been disconnected.

2 Likes

Looking forward to clans!

Also keep bnet map pool, these w3c map makers seem quite incompetent with these boring generic and % wise imbalanced new maps and nerfing 4v4 islands just to appease a few low 1600 mmr people who cant figure out how to reach an island.

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing back custom campaigns!

2 Likes

Please give Gyros an air prioritization like gargoyles so that one can upgrade bombs

3 Likes

Ah, some timely fixes are arriving! How much time have passed since this stuff was supposed to be in game? Ah, three years! Thank you so much for such a GREAT job on support and maintenance of Warcraft III! You guys just need to rework the campaigns now the way you’ve promised, and you will ALMOST have the product you were expected to ship! Afterwards, you’ll just need to rework the entirety of "reforged’ assets so that the game wouldn’t look like it was scrapped from assets intended for three different games, and release a separate classic client for those customers who bought the classic game and do not want to download an additional game they aren’t going to use! What a great devteam you are, guys! I love you!

2 Likes

Wow I’m excited to say the least! Let’s shake this game up it’s gotten stale!