Warcraft III: Reforged PTR -- Version 1.33.0

View other player profiles’ makes you send them a friend request

As someone already stated, your anger and frustrations are being directed at an entirely new development team that had nothing to do with the original reforged updates. Yelling at them while they’re putting stuff back in place helps no one.

9 Likes

Have the current WC3 team looked at reaching out to the modders working on the game? There is a great deal of knowledge buried in the minds of map makers and mod makers that could really help with the patching process

6 Likes

Why did you invest effort in a ladder? We mainly need bug fixes, graphic fixes, and balance changes. I don’t get it…

3 Likes

Thanks for starting to work on the game again, we hope you guys stay in touch with us, as while you were away, W3Champions have spoiled us with:

1- NA/EU players can play on a very reasonable ping.
2- Zoom out (90% of players use it, very helpful).
3- Profile and MMR, match history, and a lot of other facilities regarding ranked matches.

We waited long enough, but please include those in your next update, it’s community tested and approved!

PS: Would be very cool if you can support custom campaigns again.

6 Likes

~2 years too late. not sure there’s any reason to leave w3c. would like to have a balance patch…coil nova has reigned supreme for too long

Custom games were the best part of Warcraft and the amount of time you have taken to address anything in this game is actually insulting to the player base.

4 Likes

Custom Campaigns were a very important aspect of the original game. Please give us custom campaigns back! I was so excited about the potential of new custom content when Reforged was first announced, only to be disappointed, when I found out there wasn’t a “Custom Campaigns” button in the menu. I’m one of the few people who didn’t refund the game, because I had, and still have hope in you guys! Please care about us, non competitive players, who only played the game casually, for fun. The single player experience NEEDS “Custom Campaigns”, like people need water! Thank you for everything in advance.
– Your loyal customer, who would like nothing more, than to play his favorite game in it’s full glory

7 Likes

The constant snark isn’t helping. This is great progress. We want them to continue to support our game so flooding the forums with constant negativity (even much of it is deserved) probably isn’t exactly inspiring anyone on their side.

9 Likes

WE really need zoom in zoom out option guys. ASAP.

2 Likes

I tried to check my profile in PTR and the game crashed LMAO!

Thank you for the update.

If I may, why are people so insistent Blizzard hires the w3c team? It is a horrible idea on so many levels.

1. The W3C team is free to do as they want. Yes, they don’t have the same resources, but let’s be honest, how much effort is going to go into wc3? Why would you want to restrict them from doing as they choose? Right now, if they want to work on something and implement it, they can. No “higher-up” is holding them back.
  2. Blizzard is never going to hire the entire “w3c team”. They haven’t ever done something like this for any of their games. Besides who is included in this “team”? Programmers? Mods? I am not trying to diminish the work w3c does, because it is a lot, but not everybody involved pulls equal weight.
  3. Why would you want w3c to be taken away, only for Blizzard to take over? Just be happy w3c is its own thing. If Blizzard wanted w3c gone, it would be perfectly within their legal right to do so. I think it would be an awful decision, but nothing surprises me with Blizzard anymore.

Hopefully this is just the first of many things to come. I understand the anger towards Activision/Blizzard, but the team itself is new. Qwik told us we were going to see something in June, and it is happening. I get that it isn’t everything we want, but hey, at least its not the same “aggressive patching” phrase we heard 2 years ago.

Those are not major for me. All I wanted was an enhancemnt of existing graphics, WE editions and QoL changes. What they did was that they put 30 gb of trash that looks like a mobile game that plays itself from an youtube add, models that don’t fit their old counteparts, colour schems of maps broken, screenshot-style icons and so on. Unnecessary campaign map changes and retcons. Browser menu insted of 3d menues. And do I even need to start on technical state of the game? (retorical)

1 Like

Come on guys!
Now let the new team get started properly before you mess around here toxic.
YES, it’s two years too late and this should never have been an update, it should have been in-game from the start but come on!

With the way you scare off the new team that wants to continue working on this (formerly) great game.
We’re not all that toxic.
I just hope that it doesn’t come down to three or four patches again and then you fall into a two-year hole. Yes?
Good luck to you and please use the custom campaigns again in the next patch. They are really important.

13 Likes

Please spare a thought to the people working on Re-reforged and Chronicles of the second war by bringing the custom campaigns back

5 Likes

I’m disappointed some of you go “IT TOOK 2 YEARS??” or “TALENTLESS DEVS WITH NO CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS”. It didn’t take the devs 2 years because there were no devs for a LONG WHILE. The original devs got fired or left because Blizzard had no one else to blame for Reforged (so they decided to blame the devs, who worked under terrible conditions.)

Regardless, please wait. The Reforged account on twitter confirmed there will be more updates this year. This means custom campaigns will probably come this year. It isn’t over. This is just the beginning of WC3’s revival. Please don’t show hate to anybody! Let’s welcome the new devs and show them that we aren’t a toxic dota community and that we appreciate their attempts at reviving WC3.

14 Likes

Reconnection option back when?? This game used to have a reconnection feature when u lost ur connection for a couple seconds u have the chance to reconnect, now u just dc.
2 Years for this? Still no even a mention about Custom Campaigns

4 Likes

And while we’re at this, 1.31 patch was pretty bad because no one was there to comment bugs and feedback on the PTR. Let’s not repeat that with 1.33 and now that it’s in the PTR, let’s document whatever bugs and let’s give some feedback to the devs so that once 1.33 releases, we don’t get an ugly mess.

I think that music is broken, it is not playing the OST of melee maps and in my custom map where I used the native “SetMapMusic” to set a playlist (this was a native that was previously fixed in one of the last patches) it no longer plays music either.

That’s literally not true. If it were, Chronicles of the Second War and Re-Reforged wouldn’t have the followings that they have.

4 Likes