Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

pathetic damage control.

329 Likes

Okay but I just want to point out that there’s more issues with SD than the ones just mentioned, I have made a thread on the bug section about it (water issues which include roughness near shore and transparency), shadow issues with custom units.

And unrelated bugs like setmapmusic not working

7 Likes

Dont forget about new chat menu. In tft channeles was way better
:kissing_heart:

16 Likes

What about custom campaigns? When can we get those back?

83 Likes

Ah so it did not cross your mind that the low usage of tournaments it because of how bugged they can be sometimes and how hard to find someone who can host given that the AT hosting bug was not addressed? You joking?!

129 Likes

Why did you still advertise the reforged cinematics on your store page then if you had no intention of doing them all that way!? You don’t think you could have at least updated that and informed those who had pre-ordered? You guys said almost nothing for a whole year and now we are supposed to beleive that you will keep us updated on future patches? Players aren’t upset that they didn’t get the “experience they wanted” they’re upset that you took away all the features of the classic client when no one asked you to and cut features you advertised as being in the game.

417 Likes

So why are you still advertising the game using a cutscene that you decided was too far removed from the original?

394 Likes

Have been playing Blizzard games since my childhood and have always enjoyed them with WarCraft III being BY FAR my most loved game, even beating Diablo II…

Seing what happened in the past to WarCraft III, first with the removal of Hostbots/Clans/Networks which kept alive your game for years and years and years, up to the point where the game is unplayable, yet enjoyable.

I was about to buy WC3:Ref when I read about the stuff you (or your outsourced company whatever) did to this game … it broke my heart.
I’m glad I still have old Versions of the game installed.

WC3:Ref looks like a downgrade to the maingame and you did not adress the slightest to these issues.
It’s not about the Cutscenes, its not about some missing features, it’s about the whole game I’m disappointed in after all the hopes you lit up since it’s annoucement.

WarCraft III Reforged will be the first game, not to be added to my collection.

65 Likes

Activision strikes again.

Keep up the good work :rofl:

69 Likes

I’ll still play because I’m really enjoying it, but Blizzard’s attempt to exploit its fans’ nostalgia has totally backfired.

I really don’t see how Blizzard can defend having this as part of their mission statement:

“Blizzard polish” doesn’t just refer to our gameplay experiences, but to every aspect of our jobs. We approach each task carefully and seriously. We seek honest feedback and use it to improve the quality of our work. At the end of the day, most players won’t remember whether the game was late – only whether it was great.

Imagine what could have been had Blizzard allowed the game to be late and great, like the old Blizzard would have done.

126 Likes

You say you’ve kept the ingame cutscenes in their original fidelity, but this is very obviously not the case. The animations are lacking in many scenes while the originals were much more active and animated. Not only that, but the blatant censoring of ‘Grom’ is the complete opposite of ‘preserving the true spirit’ of the game.

145 Likes

Absolute joke. This non-update is a disgrace to what was once the greatest game developer in the world. Having to PATCH an 18-year old game. Shame.

82 Likes

Very disappointed by this answer. I was looking forward to new cutscenes as advertised on the official website, and shown at Blizzcon 2018.

99 Likes

aka Game still in Early Access

We need some Nute Gunray memes

25 Likes

Any news on when you will implement the selectable Hero skins from the campaign which you advertised on your own Blog post, like “Reforging the Undead?” Many players were excited about being able to select all the different Dreadlord models in multiplayer for example.

My first action upon opening Reforged was going into the collections menu, wanting to select one of the Dreadlord skins and use that in multiplayer. However, even though you told us we would be able to play with the campaign hero models, there is no such option in the collections menu, not even a placeholder.

I am extremely dissapointed, I feel lied to and scammed. As long as this issue is not resolved, you are falsely advertising a feature that is not in your game. I expect you to fix this ASAP or remove the false advertisement on your blog posts until you have added the promised feature.

64 Likes

Balance patches, where are they? You promised to deliver more frequently and meaningfully. Where are they. the meta is awful.

11 Likes

Blizzcon 2018 UI pls

44 Likes

So the company decided to give it out to someone else to create. Gotcha.

Graphics aside, if you weren’t able to ship out a proper upgrade to what the base game was in TWO YEARS, no one has any expectations that you will be able to make anything good out of the existing situation for quite some time in the future.

You only had to build on top of the already flawless foundations, but instead you decided to strip the game of even more essential features than the number of newly introduced ones.

Only good thing that came out of all this mess is the influx of new users to the platform and the ability for users to cross play using old/new versions within the same client.

To be honest, at this point none of us are interested in hearing about what you plan on doing to improve the product. Those that refunded the game might be a little harder to convince than some of us like me that held out by not liking the new aesthetics from the very start.

If you want anyone to spend money on your game, come with some results that you would be proud of. This is not aimed at the developers within the company nor the ones that the majority of the game was outsourced to. It’s a disaster, disgrace and some heads from the top management should be waiting for us in the basket by the end of the week. Shareholders should be as disappointed and worried as much as the customers are.

108 Likes

All you needed to do was preserve the story. Using modern cinematic techniques would only enhance the original experience.

132 Likes

Didn’t you REMOVE Reign Of Chaos because you were unable to fix the bug that you yourselves caused, where TFT and ROC players were matching eachother in the ladder?

The resources excuse is just lame.

63 Likes