Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update — Player Profiles

Cant agree with some claims that this already existed in war3 and now they are bringing it back with delay. This is a new system, a SC2 system to be exact, war3’s level system with decaying XP was old and needed a change. Apparently it takes time to add this to War3. They only had to mention or even move a release date to end of this year instead of promising way earlier.

1 Like

Who gives a frak? Fix and complete the bloody game before you start adding anything new to it.

2 Likes

Sincerely, Thank you Blizzard for the update. I do wish these features were released with the original game, and it’s incredibly frustrating that there seems to be no accountability for why these features weren’t released with the release of Reforged… and why these features are taking so long to develop. Please keep working on Warcraft 3 Reforged.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I wasn’t reading your post completely :stuck_out_tongue:

“in the next few months”…“alongside the Ranked System”
Well at least that’s something else they’re finally bringing back that they shouldn’t have removed without a replacement being ready.

“We have combined the original homepage and additional information sections into one personal details section, with a maximum character limit of 255.”
Why just 255? That’s even less than Twitter’s limit. Originally both sections combined were probably at least 350 or 400. It should at least be that.

New system or not, leaving people without ANY system for so long is just bad practice. Ideally you don’t remove an old system until you have a new one ready. You especially shouldn’t remove it without replacing it on the very same day that you release the Remaster.

7 Likes

Reforged will be officially launch in 2021 lmao.

The custom campaign, the reinforced campaign and the hero skins will still be missing. plus a few models.

1 Like

Why not 2022? That would be the 20th Birthday of Warcraft III?

4 Likes

Maybe then they give us what they have promised? Would be awesome, but far too late…

2 Likes

the thing is i dont mind to wait another half year to start playing w3 again but i fear there wont be many players left to play with.

4 Likes

Just play w3champions, mate. Even has a launcher now where you can customise item hotkeys.

1 Like

Very late for something that had existed for 17 years, but better late than never, I guess.

2 Likes

Can we expect animated portraits as they were in classic?

5 Likes

Its not the same system and also what else you expect a game that is baced on a game that had existed for 18 years? :roll_eyes:

Looks good and I’m really glad we’ll finally have a nice profile system. I’m just worried that it’s too late, big part of community and fans got dissapointed and left

1 Like

Think what you post. It’s not a task for a week and not even for a month. If you talk about WCChampions, it was in developement for many years before reforged was even announced

I just asked on the w3champions discord, apparently it took like two weeks.

3 Likes

The guy already knew that the game was going to be bad before it came out?

2 Likes

Iirc the big part is a leftover from w3a so the implementation took “2 weeks” wichb isn’t even true as well since only 1v1 worked back then

Well, now you’re saying that the guy creating w3c had a headstart in knowledge how to create a mmr system and ladder, while we should be patient and forgiving with the “small indie company” Actiblizz because it’s their first time making a mmr system and ladder…

3 Likes