Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update — Player Profiles

Very true, very true

Maybe you guys should Actually put time and effect into fixing the Game and redo everything with the Campaigns like was promised at Blizzcon 2018 instead of a soulless cash grab.

Do what Starcraft 2 did. Make it better and fun. Same with the original instead of abandoning it.

3 Likes

Lol still no profilz and make people use bnet ladder instead of alt fan made servers? Lewl thats what I mean with that pace

1 Like

I am having problems with the American company Blizzard Entertainment in part of one of its products, namely with the game Warcraft 3 Reforge. The bottom line is that they updated the old version of this game for new engines, completely changing a lot of things, but as a result, a lot of errors and lags arose, as a result of which there was a lot of indignation from the players who purchased this version of the game and demanded a refund … There were so many dissatisfied players that they were forced to make decisions about the return of funds to all players without exception. And I did it too and they returned it to me. After that, the developers promised that they fixed the game system, there would be no more errors and lags, and that everything should work, especially the promised “rating table”, they say, come back, everything will work. And as a result, not only were the current errors and lags under-corrected, but new ones appeared, which made the game even worse, not to mention the fact that the promised “rating table” was also not introduced. And so I bought and returned money for their promised but not completed work repeatedly. How you can release a game to the market if it is raw, not completely ready, and with a huge number of errors and bugs, it is not clear. And when I purchased the game for the again, for testing, there were again bugs, worse than the previous ones, I decided once again to make a refund for the “discrepancy between the actual product and the declared one”, but I was refused, like I reached the money back limit. Maybe according to their law this is so, on their domestic market, but they are on the international market (both in Russia and in Europe, and in other countries) and according to our legislation they must make a refund no matter how many times I they will buy a non-working product. Not only did they refuse me, but also Russian technical support threatens me with blocking my account for allegedly “abuse of refund”. But what if their product does not meet the stated criteria? Make a refund. And they refuse. I ask you to assist in solving this problem, tk. there have already been precedents with the blocking of other players on their part. I will also give the addresses of their forum of dissatisfied players, you can familiarize yourself with them:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/ru/warcraft3/t/близзард-вы-дно/433/6
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/ru/warcraft3/t/блаззард-мошенники-и-обманщики/577
It is very disappointing that the once highly respected Blizzard company has slipped into threats and unprofessionalism, and Russian-speaking technical support to the level of a dump, I wonder if their management knows about this?

5 Likes

to WinterDryad
I was born in 1990. Dad had a computer, but mostly for work, then I already tried to play warcraft2, dune and more primitive games. I started visiting the computer club at the age of 7, and my first experiments on creating maps were not warcraft at all, but starcraft, it was in it that I tried to create my first maps. In addition, it was more difficult for me to understand the editor because it was in a different language, but I always wanted it. This is my intellectual property and I have the right to declare, specifically further on it will go in the direction of Icefrog, which together with Valve committed an act of plagiarism and a claim against Blizzard, since it does not do enough to preserve my intellectual property, for example, for comparison in Starcraft2, things are much better with this, and any map is tied directly to the account that uploaded it to battle.net . And Blizzard promised to do a lot in this direction to improve its “own game” to make monetization, but nothing was done, that’s why Iceforge managed to steal my intellectual property.The first modified map that I created was “hunters” in it I expanded the constants to the 25 level of heroes, changed the passageways and increased the number of passages and taverns from the released creeps, in the authors of the map I wrote Blizzard and Tujh we played with friends in a computer club and there were some similar experiments in creating map V.T.h AOS, then the map was lost. Then Defense of the Ancients 1.0 was released, but it did not go beyond the computer club, besides, a huge number of people from different computer clubs in my city saw that I was working on it, the game took place through a “network game” and my map was closed by importing war3map.j and deleting trigger files. That is, I once did not post the source code of the map as it was claimed by the yellow press. Accordingly, the 1st version of DotA was released by me in 12-13 years and not in 7. probably belonging to asfrog himself, besides, I worked on the map and not one of AllStars could transfer it, you can also scan my old site or the AllStars site the last message from Pandragon, you can see for yourself everything where the ALLstars administration itself stated about his fraud, but at that time he had already built a new address into the card, as well as his friends in the hosting assisted in the destruction and closing of “AllStars”. From myself I can add that apparently now icefroge himself betrayed some of his companion, he also looked completely different and was an American and then the person from under the nickname icefroge became Abdul and it was a completely different person, he once did not know who I was so, all this time I was nearby, I was simply asked to take part in the creation of another project as part of which I entered under a different nickname, and icefroge probably did not know where he writes that I was the one who came up with the map over which he worked, so it immediately became clear to me that this scammer who claims his rights to “DotA” before he appeared everything was in order and Guinsso worked on the map, but he did not claim his rights to my map!

At least you see that from somewhere it is taken from a different source and not at all from icefroge and his companion whom he designated me, he personally iceforge wrote to me that he knows that I worked on it and no more, we have never been with him met and did not know each other personally only through battle.net communication. If you’re reading this, I hope Blizzard will now do whatever it takes to protect my map so that some Icefroge and his friends don’t steal it from me again :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Mah, I should not defend Blizzard this moment, since a moderator already “warned” me on the same subject, but…

Let’s do some maths…
According to this site https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Dota_History the beta of the first DotA map dates back to 2002. I guess team liquid guys are trusted…
According to this Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com taken from this What happens if you report a player? - #3 by WiceOrc-2256 , someone here is claiming to be the author of DotA.
Following some public links you get to some PUBLIC DATA (hey moderator! P U B L I C D A T A … hello? mind to solve this issue this time?), that means that this so called “author” created DotA when he was around 9 or 10 years old (he was already pro at Aion of Strife when he was 7 probably…).
So, if this is the case, wow, the whole community should bow to the 9 years old kid who spawned one of the most popular mod of all times, but… if it is not, let’s remind that impersonating someone else to the extent of involving the theft of intellectual properties is a crime…

Beside that, if some kind of scam is going on with rebuying and refunding (there are countless around already) I guess that Blizzard is more than entitled to stop it and I am glad if they do it. You don’t need to buy Reforged 6 times in order to test the game, since most of the problems are relative to the game itself, not just to the new graphic.

bump reminder

BUMPPPP (We want an update Blizz!)

Is it going to take 1 year after release of this title to bring back basic functionality that was included for 18 years in WC3 ROC/TFT?

2 Likes

patch need too long time

1 Like

Bump 10 words

Hey no sign of PTR? We are already in November and the first anniversary of the game …

1 Like

been 1 year since reforge almost and still no player profile or rank ladder. Sad.

I predict that in the next 4 years or less blizzard will no longer exist. Why? Diablo 4 is bound to be a complete financial nightmare. Overwatch 2 will be the same. Why make a game based on the “campaign” why not add it to the current Overwatch?? Where is the bloody logic in that? Reforge is already a Financial failure can we even call it Warcraft anymore? Its worst the the “proto starcraft” where it was just “warcraft in space”. Reforge does not even come close to the scale of Orc’s and Human, Warcraft 2 or the RoC and TFT, its worst its not even worthy to carry the name of Warcraft or Blizzard

Hopefully when blizzard does start to die Activision has the brains to to cut them loose and maybe than Mr. Morhaime will come and save the company and make it great again…No Better than it ever was! until than I uninstalled all blizzard games from my computer.

3 Likes

Doubt that would happen.

If anything is financially a bomb then they just scale operations back and take another approach while funnelling more resources into the games that are successfully generating revenue.

It’s how Blizzard has operated in the past. Look at games that were fully created and cancelled; from Warcraft Adventures to Starcraft Ghost to all the other games they left on the cutting room floor over the years. They didn’t ‘tank’ Blizzard.

Reforged was meant to be a low-risk means of revenue, so even if it didn’t succeed and was a complete loss it isn’t something that will bankrupt their operations. All they have to do is scale back.

its bound to happen! how many veterans are left?? not many from what I hear. sooner or later they are going to screw up big time maybe with WoW and its going to hit them harder than anything. Mark my words might not be in four years might be soon might be in 12 or more but they will screw up and when they do the community will leave and they will tank. That would be when Morhaime can seize the opportunity to buy blizzard out from Activsion and rebuild it into what it was meant to be. if all of the games stop making the money they do right now in a few years and its only WoW keeping its revenue up Activsion is not going to put up with it they cut blizz loose. When your partner is not pulling their wait you cut them loose.

It’s only bound to happen because you want it to happen.

4 years is a short time, and WoW is still raking in a billion dollars a year. I don’t think you realize that Shadowlands has the most pre-orders of any WoW expansion in the last 10 years.

Blizzard has had plenty of doomsayers over the 20+ years I’ve been following em, and frankly none of them have ever been right on the matter. Blizzard has certainly changed and lost a lot of good faith from the public, but to say that their operations will shut down in 4 years just because of a couple games that let you down isn’t really anything solid.

To put this into perspective, Fifa brings in most of the money for EA. EA could have a loss on EVERY OTHER PRODUCT they create, and they would still be profitable due to Fifa’s revenue alone. WoW is Blizzard’s Fifa.

Don’t really care. when it happens it will, might happen soon might happen years from not but it will.

they Destroyed a game that was still being played with the reforge until they fix what they have done, and bring in what they promised, and what should have been in the release, I will not change my opinion about them until they do I grew up on the Orc’s and Humans and played Warcraft 3 for years. They destroyed the game with reforge and one day they will do the same with WoW.

Well yeah doesn’t matter now or later, everyone dies too.

Is this supposed to be news? All good things come to an end. Nothing lasts forever. I don’t think anyone here is expecting Blizzard to last forever.

But considering WoW is going strong this long into it, and people have announced ‘WoW Killer’ mmo’s despite NONE of the competition ever living up to that mantle, I think there is still a long way to go before a true downfall.

I mean its like saying Disney will fail because their latest remakes and Star Wars movies have been terrible. You gotta bring more to the table than just that to formulate that conclusion.

bump reminder