Warcraft III: Reforge Continuously Freezes

I am having continuous freezing/stuttering issues when playing Warcraft III: Reforge. This is during any moment of using warcraft Ex: Menu, in-game, etc.
I’ve had this issue for months but now that i play warcraft more with friends, it is starting to bother me. I’ve tried every troubleshooting step i could find online and cant seem to fix the issue. I have a high end laptop.

My rig:

Predator Helios 700
Core i9-10980HK
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GDDR6
144 Hz, 32 GB RAM DDR4

Please let me know what is needed for further troubleshooting.
I have some short video clips that could show the constant freezes during game play.

Blizzard its current advice is to lower settings, not play in reforged graphics or else buy a better computer (not kidding, they actually adviced this).
Unfortunately also high end computers can’t run reforged graphics as the coding is just broken. It will take another 4 - 5 years of computer improvement where hardware starts to fill the gaps created in this game causing performance issues.

in other words, get older hardware for better performance :sweat_smile:
here’s a video of what it looks like on any game i play. Pretty frustrating…

the new assets is very large. in order to run them quickly you need a high speed harddrive. the problem is fixed once all assets have been loaded. it is of course not optimal. they should pre-load all assets instead of loading them as needed.

Could you help me understand this more clearly?
What is assets? the units or doodads that load per map?
I have three SSD’s w/ my high-end laptop.

assets is the models and textures primarily, though it is also sounds and music. the models and textures takes the most space. each harddrive also have limits to how much they can load at once. warcraft 3 should therefore run alone on a high speed harddrive.

My god, you are using reforged graphics. Turn that off. Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder the vast consensus of the community is that these graphics, visually, are horrible.

Secondly, which is not a matter of opinion: the coding is just really really bad. High end computers simply can’t handle the poor coding. These graphics have, and to some minor degree still are, causes for sudden drops and desyncs. Most notorious when Thorzain dropped twice versus moon in a flagship tournament. Only to play and ended up losing (despite being ahead in the first 2 games) to Moon after observers also switched to classic graphics.

Assuming you are not an anomalie in the community; there is no reason to use reforged graphics. Unless you want to cook dinner on your computer and just enjoy sh!tty frames per second, spikes and drops.

I’ve never tried turning it off which is what caused me to buy it in the first place. To play reforged but i will try it today.

Thanks for the input!

my game crashes all the time, i can’t play online, the game closes without any kind of message

that means that you somehow trigger a kill switch in the game. only advice i can give you is to try to figure out what action triggers it and avoid that action.