Warcraft III - No updates Year Later

So its been over a year since Blizzard announced Profiles and Ladder. I login every month hoping yall fixed a game that wasnt broken to begin with and still no updates.

8 Likes

the game does appear to be dead.

5 Likes

pretends to be shocked

2 Likes

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO surprised pikachu face.

1 Like

the update is that there is no update.
they have transcended the logic…

1 Like

The only update I want to read is “Blizzard shuts down, its bosses and employees banned from working in the video game industry for life”

7 Likes

the programmers can still do a good job somewhere else. it is the strategy that is off. whoever came up with the idea of doing something half baked should be degraded to programmer.

Spotted for using “programmer” as a degrading term.
That can potentially leads to bullying, racism and physical abuse.
As a safety measure on the behalf of all the kids and snowflakes playing the game any programmer will be removed from WC3.
…
mmm no wait, this already happened^^

1 Like

programmers is on the lowest level of the company. they do the heavy work while others is responsible for the tough dicisions. bad management people can still do a meaningful job as programmers.

are you sure???^^

who told you that a manager can program?^^

2 Likes

in a software company, people generally starts at the bottom as programmers, before they are promoted. at least that is what i believe to be the case.

Yes, but in a company like Activision Blizzard, you don’t get promoted based on your skills. You get promoted based on your ability to socialize. In fact programming skills are tertiary. Sucking up to bosses is primary and drinking booze with them is secondary.

2 Likes

In an ideal world…
In the real world sadly there are programmers and managers.
Programmers know (or at least should know) how to program.
Managers are friends of the owner.^^
If something goes bad, you just hire more managers.
If something goes good, you just hire more managers.
Eventually you declare bankrupt and sell what’s left to start a new company with even more managers…
What you are talking about is the software analyst, that is not a manager.
The manager is the one that decides to remove the private hosting in favor of bugged servers or to set an unreachable deadline or to censor the game.
They are just clueless because they are unskilled.
And don’t confuse the managers with the founders.
The founders committed to quality to rise their own company.
The managers just jump from the boat they sunk and move to destroy another company of some other “friend”…

Just install an old copy of 1.27 patch game and enjoy playing offline.
Blizzard is literally ruining every single game they have.

3 Likes

i did that myself, to avoid the issues with reforged but, my map bugged and started crashing the editor, though it works in the game.