Warcraft III crashing (Mac)

Constant freezing here, too. I’m unable to play the campaign. This is so disappointing.

• MacBook Pro late 2013
  • Catalina 10.15.7
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel Iris 1536 MB

The Battle.net app also wants me to update Warcraft III all the time for no good reason?

This was originally reported in May 2020. Almost nine months later, nothing has happened. This is disgraceful!

Here’s another report: Mac osx catalina crashes 30min into games

Same here… It logs me out after 30’ or so of custom game… since 1 month or so… Impossible to play.

Any help guidance?

Have been doing some fiddling around, and it seems like NOT using a menu (to pause, save, etc.) during campaign helps. Was able to play a mission without a crash.

I have also disabled vsync and anti-alias (AMD cards are known to not handle AA to well sometimes).

same here I’ve a brand new Mac airlock with strong with 2.3Ghz and 16GB Ram.
the game keeps crashing on multi player! that’s sucks !

before i can help you i need to know more about your specs. what cpu model do you have? what gpu do you have?

Switching AA on and off doesn’t seem to affect crashes. So far campaign has been stable as long as I am not using the menu during missions.

All settings on High, 1080p resolution, FPS cap: 60, AA on, VSync off.

iMac 2019 27”, i9, Vega48, MacOS 11.2.3

you could try to change the drivers. you should discuss the matter with amd which can likely tell you what driver you should use. another solution is to install windows, though that will cost you. windows is not free after all.

I have the same problem. I am not able to play for one hour without crashing. I am on windows 10.

Guys, I found the problem that was crashing my warcraft III. It was a security module I had to install to access bank account. I do not use the back account anymore, so I uninstalled it. Now warcraft III does not crash anymore.

Andreas, this has been reported with Intel graphics as well.

The only common denominator I can make out in this thread is the OS: macOS 10.15 Catalina.

There are no crash logs on my computer. Warcraft III freezes the whole computer. zamorano91’s descriptions match my experiences.

The game started freezing during the campaign for me during the beginning of the Quel’Thalas arc during normal play. I believe the freezing behavior happens right before a cut scene. The units become frozen but the interface is still interactive (I can scroll the map and click on things).

I’m on an Apple Silicon M1 processor, 2021 pro 13" monitor with 16 GB RAM and unified GPU memory. This is on MacOS 11.2.2 Big Sur under Rosetta2 emulation.

1 Like

Just bought the game in May 2021. I’ve gotten 2 crashes now after playing through the Human campaign on Hard difficulty to the Culling map. It freezes my entire system; I have to turn off the iMac manually to restart it. Before it crashes, I notice a visual artifact right above the dashboard thing at the bottom of the screen. It’s a spinning gold box: it’s the animation that precedes the text for when you reach a checkpoint. It’ll spin there for up to a half hour or even a whole hour, then the system freezes.

iMac 2019, 3 GHz 6-Core i5
Catalina 10.15.7
16GB RAM
Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB

1 Like

Problem is certainly not resolved. I have experienced multiple crashes, usually the game just crashes during a campaign quest. Have seen it at multiple campaign quests, currently experiencing it at Terror of the Tides - Wrath of the Batrayer. Playing on:
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Macbook pro 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina

I agree that the problem is definitely not resolved.
Have experienced crashes before, put they were not persistent. Now there is one specific mission in the Orc Campaign: “Where Wind Riders dare”. My system crashes. The only way to make my computer react is to restart it. No button combinations work, unable to even force quit the game.

My specs: M2 MacBook Air configured with:

• 10 core GPU
  • 24 GB RAM

My System should definitely be able to handle the game.
The laptop is running MAC OS Ventura 13.1.

Hello,

I am also experiencing crashes of W3R on Mac. I am running macOS 13.4 on MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Max.

It is very similar, suddenly game gets frozen. When I was playing RoC campaigns, it was almost always short glitch, but now I am in 4th mission of sentinels campaign, and I actually can’t play it.

Game gets stuck, and there is nothing to do but force shutdown the entire mac. System keys that would get me to desktop and allow me to kill just W3 are never responding (even out of the crash issue), and most of the time game process does not die on its own.

Same problem here! MacBook M1 Air, Ventura… Constantly crashes on Sentinels’ campaign mission 5, the whole system crashes, and the only way to exit the game is to hard-reboot a laptop

Guys, the problem is not only in MAC. It’s in all computers ever made by any human. So, the real problem is blizzard. 9 months later and nothing solved. GG Blizzard.

Well you can be sure toxic comments like that don’t solve anything either