Warcraft III®: Reforged Patch 1.35.0 Now Live

I also want to thank the dev team for being open-minded enough to allow the community created maps into the ladder. The ones I’ve played are very good. The community knows exactly what makes a great map.

1 Like

ideally each season would have a unique map pool.

Featurewise, the game is more or less back to where it needs to be, it just has a freaking plethora of bugs and problems that really need addressing.

If you think about it, it’s almost 3 years since the last time this game was playable.
3 years since we saw the real Bnet gates opening for the last time.
3 years since we would have bought a brick if only it had some resemblance with a Blizzard logo.
3 years since last time we had that childhood dream “I want to work for Blizzard”
3 years since our HD was 26GB lighter.
…and 3 years since our highest concern wasn’t if chickens would leave footprints or not.

Thanks Blizzard for showing us that it is always possible to reach a new standard… on the way below.

4 Likes

So far I experienced 3 problems:

• Match not getting right results. Loss when you win, etc. (only on 4v4 for now)
  • Some random crashes
  • Reforged grapichs turning on for no reason

As promised, I recorded yesterday’s game activity and have a number of takeaways.

Number of games: 28
Type of game: All 4v4 Random Team (no AT partners)
Actual W/L outcome of matches: 18-10
W/L recorded in season record: 14-8
W/L recorded in lifetime record: 9-10

Takeaways:

• There has been an improvement to match processing made in the most recent patch, as the patch notes stated. From mid-Nov through 1/19/23 virtually zero wins counted. The match processing is still is not fixed, but it is in a slightly better state.

• Wins and losses are being processed hours after the fact in most cases.

• There is no consistency between season record, lifetime record, and actual match outcome.

• The ladder leaderboard standings do not match any other metric. Curiously, every player on the 4v4 ladder leaderboard has a 50% record. (i.e. Player A is 13-13. Player B is 7-7. Player C is 70-70. Every single player has this condition).

• Nearly every game results in a WAITING ON RESULTS error. The exceptions are if the enemy team leaves immediately (within 1 minute of game start) and if I disconnect or leave the game early. The former usually results in a Victory splash screen (2 of 3 occurences) and the latter usually results in a Defeat splash screen (3 of 4 occurences).

• In two of the 28 games I received a Defeat splash screen after winning the game. Given the fact that wins/losses are being processed hours after the match is complete, it is not possible to tell if these were recorded as wins or losses.

• Three desync/disconnects (~10% rate is quite high. One was on my end, and the other two occurred with no interruption on my internet). It would be wonderful to have the system we had in Classic TFT. There was a ~30 second lag window that allowed for latency spikes. This is one of the forgotten features that were removed in Reforged with no mention.

• More positive feedback - I have noticed that the ‘Season XP Bar’ that shows your MMR and rank populates much more quickly now. Prior to the patch it took a full 5 seconds for this to populate, now it loads within a second. For clarity, this is the bar on the screen that displays the season end date on the versus menu.

2 Likes

That’s not bad for a game that is still in early Alpha

Oh come on, I would say that the game is in beta now

Mmm, well, that would involve testing, listen to feedback and bugfixing… are we there yet?

Had the same in 1on1 and 3on3 today - but mixed sometimes a game doesnt count - regardless win or loss

The recovery ability of Spring wells of NE should be nerfed!!! It is too strong at the early stage