Warcraft - Chronicles of the Second War

What an awesome surprise. A group of modders at HIVE are remastering the whole War2 campaign in W3R, with clans and factions. The first trailer is out and it is here. I recommend you guys to visit the youtube page, there are awesome teasers about the units and gameplay.

25 Likes

This looks real nice.

I think it could use some of that lipsyncing that InsaneMst has done with his Re-Reforged campaign once there’s some voice acting going on, assuming he has the capability to make such from scratch.

1 Like

oh my god. looks so amazing!

Yep. First 4 demo missions are available. Please remember that it is a demo and things will be polished.

5 Likes

tested them, was so much fun

Respect is due and great. This is incredible for me. Notice how everyone LOVES this game. The plot. We really want more. Blizzard should be serious about this sort of thing. Listen to our needs.

Looks great! Gives me hope for Warcraft 3

Looks great! Who do how do i get demo?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/chronicles-of-the-second-war-tides-of-darkness-demo.327574/

it’s 4 separate maps but they have some special coding that allows you to carry your progress over chapters 01 - 04

put it on documents -> war3 -> maps -> download

3 Likes

I played the released levels. I really like it, however theres some things that WC3 did away with for good reason.
Like ocean warfare.
It just doesnt fit with the character driven stories of WC3.
Id have just prefered a story set during the second war rather than a remake of WC2.
Granted some of their stages may be new content.

How are they doing this when Warcraft 3 Reforged doesn’t even allow custom campaigns?

2 Likes

You can still load each map individually. The campaign is designed with self-contained missions so there is no need to carry items from one map over to the next. Although it’s a bit of manual work, it still plays cohesively as a campaign.

Man this is so interesting! So nice!

Blizzard should just start paying the fans.

Meh… no thanks. That sounds like a workaround that shouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like

This used to be the old way before TFT. Just put them in a folder and start like any custom map. It’s more of a hassle for developers as they have to copy every imported file and data for each map.

1 Like

It’s a hassle that should not exist anymore, period.

1 Like

its working fine so far

Help I can’t find any downolad subfolder in my Warcraft III directory.
Where do I put the maps?

1 Like

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

This is the path, but obviously you have to change the “YourUserName” by your real username that you have in your pc. Then ingame you can open the download folder and find your maps.

1 Like