WARCRAFT 4+The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-earth

Hello dear creators of Warcraft 3
I have been playing this wonderful game since childhood, and I still play it to this day. One of my favorite games.
Of course, I also played Rock n’ Roll Racing, which is also a favorite childhood game.
I have an idea for you! How about making warcraft 4 in the open world conquest genre. That is how the creators of the game “The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth” did it.
Where attacking the lands of the enemy, you switch from a tactical map to RTS mode, you can do the same with a map of AZEROT or other worlds. After all, there are plenty of locations, as well as additional quests can be added to the map. I think this is a very interesting idea!

This sort of gameplay does not really suit a competitive scene. Competitive players want matches that last 10-20 minutes at most with most of that time having the game in a state that either side could be a winner.

The issue with territory grab style games is that the sessions often last longer, possibly hours, due to the amount of land (matches) needed to be completed. There can also come a point where the opponent is in a hopeless situation (lost too many battles) that they might as well give up and stop wasting everyones time. If one breaks this gameplay apart you end up without a world map and just a “best of 3” or “best of 5” style tournament.

I guess you could make a sort of mobile game with persistent worlds where people control cities and the hoard/alliance players fight to gain control of territory over the world. However this would not really be a Warcraft IV.

I was talking about single player scenario