Warcraft 3+Frozen Throne original game hijacked

have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh download?

are you playing in classic mode?

There’s no solution for a bad company sabotaging their products.

4 Likes

Blizzard has made all original Warcraft 3 owners have to install Reforged and then play it in Classic mode.

It’s an atrocious move and I think that legal action should be taken against it, but it’s what they’ve done.

6 Likes

LOL! I think the real problem is player expectations.

RHWaffles, I’m sorry you didn’t have the experience you were expecting. But be
honest with yourself; being able to see the creeps is kind of a luxury, right? :laughing:

3 Likes

If you didn’t want to update your copy of the game, why did you update it?

The update is automatic. If you rename the program folder, or never launch battle.net, it won’t update. But the average person isn’t going to know that before it happens automatically. Hence all the irritation from frustrated players.

6 Likes

You’re forced to if you want to play online. For post disc versions you also have to play with the battle.net launcher which forces you to update in order to launch the game. Stupid launcher design to force an update.

4 Likes

Why not? And who’s fault is that?

The launcher’s only job is to update your game. That’s it. It does nothing else. When you launch the launcher it’s very clearly performs exactly that task. It tells you when its doing it and warns you if, for some reason it cannot perform this task properly. As a user of this software, you are afforded some control over how and when it performs it’s single task.

At what point do you feel it’s unnecessary to feel sympathy for a user who chooses to remain ignorant of the use of a tool that they are trying to use?

I’m going to go with Blizzard’s fault for not informing its customers they were going to hose the game they’d purchased nearly 18 years ago as part of an “upgrade” many players didn’t even purchase.

I see you expounded upon your ridiculous position but none of the rest is worth quoting given how absurd it is to expect a customer to rake responsibility for the failures of the developer. But you do you! :laughing:

1 Like

The user launched an application who’s sole purpose is to update the game client. How is it Blizzards fault that the user continued to perform this action despite that user not wanting to update their game client?

Hmmm … well, the launcher is the default shortcut to play the game. But lets set that aside for a moment as I have a question for you:

Exactly how far up your own butt did you have to stuff your head before the idea that “it’s the customer’s fault a game developer broke their own game with one of their updates” started to sound reasonable to you? Was it when you got to your ears or did you have to go all the way to your neck?

4 Likes

So, in your world view, ignorance is a virtue. Good luck with that.

Wow, all the way to the neck then? That’s impressive!

4 Likes

@Zenasprime It’s not that I’m ignorant of the launcher’s intended purpose. It’s the fact that I own and installed a game separate from the launcher(since it’s an original copy of the game before reforged was even thought of). Yet somehow my game install was hijacked by said launcher…

1 Like

This is the one part where I can sympathize with the players venting their frustration on the forums. Blizzard should have let non-Reforged players with the old client, and if that happened impossible for technical reasons, it should have been advertised weeks before release.

I haven’t reinstalled yet. Honestly, I didn’t really want to since it’s an original copy of the game…

i dont understand what you are talking about… if your game was updated to Reforged, then you no longer have the original copy of the game… if you would like to keep an original copy of the game, simply place the CDs into your computer and reinstall them without patching

You originally posted because you had problems not seeing creeps… if your game is broken you need to uninstall it and reinstall a fresh new copy… since you never mentioned anything about original or classic versions, i have no idea what exactly you need help with, can you be more detailed and specific please?

seriously, theres dozens of posts explaining how to fix your problem… have you tried reading any of the posts about Classic vs Original copies?

I would be able to help you, but you need to first understand what the difference is between “Classic” and “Original” because the original game is no longer available to play online, you can only play the original game in single player now (or private LAN servers)… is that what you want is just single player mode (and private LAN servers)?

• Heres what you need to do:
  • Step 1 = uninstall Reforged (it doesnt work cuz you installed it ontop/over the original game causing errors, meaning your original game is no longer installed)
  • Step 2 = reinstall Reforged so that it works properly
  • Step 3 = then you can figure out how to install the original game on an older patch… you can use a PTR download for version 1.31 or you can use the original CDs if you want, the choice is yours but older versions can no longer be played on Bnet anymore :frowning:

do you understand now? or are you still confused?

heres the download for PTR ----> Where is the PTR download now?
but make sure you completely uninstall all the previous versions of wc3 before reinstalling otherwise you will keep having issues

1 Like

In order to preserve the spirit of Warcraft they have forced everyone to reforged. bit of irony

2 Likes

I reinstalled my disc copy last night and was able to patch to 1.27b. May not be able to play online. But it’s vanilla without any of reforged’s guff.