Warcraft 3 reforged continuously freezing on cutscenes and crashing on loading games

I am on a Mac and have been playing through the campaign and currently on Frostmourne. I have had freezing on cutscenes about 8 times on this mission alone where during the cutscene all movement of the units freezes except their mouths moving whilst talking. No events play properly as a result of this and after leaving the cutscene all of the units in the game are also frozen and won’t respond to anything. The only fix for this is to force quit the game and attempt to reload. I eventually got past this point only to have further freezing on the final cutscene after defeating Mal’ganis. Again only force quitting will solve this problem and I am unable to see the story unfold.

On to my second problem - since these freezes require me to quit and reload the mission repeatedly I have now come across another error where trying to reload a game causes an unexpected error to occur and the game to crash back to desktop.

How do I fix these problems?

Easy, buy a PC.

You might want to post what model Mac you use as well as the configuration.

Warcraft III Reforged heavily uses video memory and has been known to be unstable if the system runs low on free video memory. Try lowering visual setting such as texture quality if possible to see if that makes a difference.

Fair point - Specs are below

iMac Retina 4K 2017
3.4 GHz Quad Core Intel i5
8gb 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

I’ll give it a try on lower visual settings and see if that helps the issues.

Thanks!