Warcraft 3 reforged beta black screen when starting(solved)

SOLVED** right click on shortcut of Warcraft, then execute with graphic processor, then execute with NVIDIA high performance (after also updating windows). You have to set your NVIDIA Global Setting to High-Performance NVIDIA Processor.

1 Like

Solved.
First look up this Blizzard Forums discussion page as I cannot post links, heres the title:
[BUG REPORT: BLACK SCREEN ON LAUNCH WITH CURSOR]

Second, a Blizzard tech will answer the post further down in the discussion. He will provide a link to the website to help you fix the problem.

Third, read this part after you have followed the steps at the website. It worked for me:

It says to change the program to the NVIDIA processor. Did not work for me when I changed it for just warcraft. But when i changed it for all of the programs that had “Blizzard” in it for example ( Blizzard Update client, Blizzard Browser). It worked.

2 Likes

black screen of death here as well

1 Like

Will waiting official fix from Bliz

same here, did not try any of the solutions mentioned in this post since they don’t seem to work for everyone. The issue started after the last update. Before it was working fine.

1 Like

tried this solution I found somewhere else and it worked!

7 Likes

Thank you, this worked for me!

Thanks Master! Working

Yes that did the trick! Thank you!!

EDIT:I can get in game and enter games but the creeps are invisible…

Worked for me!! Thank you Master :wink:

Worked for me, ty.

Thank you mate, you’re a life saver!

EASIEST FIX
Right click on your wc3 beta desktop icon and select your videocard. Tried a few suggestions and this worked on my razer instantly.

Does anyone know how to get the reforged graphics to work? I tried the change HD=0 to HD=1 but it was already at 1 and trying to use the in game toggle says I need reforged, which is what i just freaking spend the last few hours downloading. This worked without issue in the beta, wtf?

This worked for me! None of the other fixes did, and only adding warcraft3.exe wasn’t enough - I had to add all blizzard programs to high performance mode!

Thank you so much!

Hey

So I’ve tried all the options still not working.

• I have an nvidia gforce gtx970
  • Tried startup commands
  • Nivida control pane does not give me the "choose preferred graphics processor option
  • I’ve added WC3, WC3 Launcher, Blizzard Launcher, battle net app launcher to high performance mode in windows 10

Is there another program I need to add?

Thanks.

Fixed

Downloaded Nvidia geforce experience updated all my drives…

Cheers

did you find a solutions yet?

Hello,

I have a very similar issue, however I don’t have a black screen. Instead of that I just simply have an opening screen (let’s call it the “gate” with the cursor). Sound also works. I have an Intel graphical card and already tried all the possible changes I could make like changing mode to performance instead of quality. Has anybody managed to solve that issue with Intel card?

1 Like

At this point I wish I HAD the black screen error - instead I get game with invisible game cursor

2 Likes